Adding LR Clouds Water

• SRC Member

hi ppl... i set my tank up and recently when i introduced some LR, the water suddenly turned cloudy after abt 5 hrs. i could not even see the back of my tank which was 2ft away! nitrite and nitrate was negative. i took them out, cleaned them propely and chnaged 1/2 the water in the tank and let it run until it became clear. When i put in LR again the water turned cloudy. any reason for this? thanks! :angel:

The world is such a wicked place,war btween the human race. People work to earn their bread,while across the sea they're counting dead

• SRC Member

hmm LR does not exactly smell good or bad... more of a neutral smell. there is a smell... but not THAT bad. it's not sand particles, it looks like smoke in the water... very fine... i mean very very fine.. u can't even see the particles... my skimmer needs washing every 2 hrs. just rinsed it for the 4th time since i posted this topic! if it's bacteria AT, does that mean i can't add any more LR until it clears? or can i buy more LR tomorrow and add them, in the tank? :thanks:

The world is such a wicked place,war btween the human race. People work to earn their bread,while across the sea they're counting dead

• SRC Member

sorry guys another question.. or shall i say problem. the cloudiness is slowly going away BUT a layer of film.. looks oily... looks slimy... looks like mucus on my LR. Only a few of them has this white/transparent membrane. it actually looks like that the cloudiness of the water has spread to the rocks. i'll post a pic of it soon to help u guys ID it. thanks for any help!