Sea Horse Banned in Sg.

• SRC Member

Heard infos fm one of the owner in Pasir Ris that the SeaHorse will be banned importing to Singapore by AVA with effect fm May 2004.Furthermore bringing corals illegally here with be tough to pay the price,instead of fine there will impose a minimum of 1yr imprisonment. :yeah:

• SRC Member
Heard infos fm one of the owner in Pasir Ris that the SeaHorse will be banned importing to Singapore by AVA with effect fm May 2004.Furthermore bringing corals illegally here with be tough to pay the price,instead of fine there will impose a minimum of 1yr imprisonment. :yeah:

Wad?? but why??

Everything's sold. Back in 2yrs time.

ga051025.gif

If it's a WRX, it gotta be STI.

av-24.gif

Sigh... dun spread misinformation.

Seahorses (hippocampus sp) are now under Appendix II of the CITIES conventions.

Meaning that all imported seahorses need to have the necessary CITIES paperwork done and cleared with AVA.

Trade is permitted but now controlled by CITIES.

Seahorses are not illegal if the proper permits are applied.

Understand now?

AT

• SRC Member

maybe hes talking about Leafy sea-dragons..hehhehe ;):lol:

• SRC Member

Seahorse isn't ban. Its just under CITES. The program is drafted by Project Seahorse. However, indonesia will not be in this program from what I heard.

I am not sure abt other imports from the southern pacific or brazil. If they are unable to issue CITES on their side, then we can forget abt getting them.

Only place I can think of is Australia. US aquaculture farm do not ship abroad. Main reason cos they cannot even handle the demand from their local market.

Wei :)

• SRC Member

maybe hes talking about Leafy sea-dragons..hehhehe ;):lol:

those are not even traded elsewhere. Its strictly controlled item.. :P

Why do we use "My 2 cents worth" when 1 cents are not legal tender in Singapore anymore? Shouldn't it be 5 cents worth?

"Its easier to blame the 'mantis' or crabs in the tank for missing & dead livestocks.."

http://arcanehacker.blogspot.com/

• SRC Member
Seahorse isn't ban. Its just under CITES. The program is drafted by Project Seahorse. However, indonesia will not be in this program from what I heard.

I am not sure abt other imports from the southern pacific or brazil. If they are unable to issue CITES on their side, then we can forget abt getting them.

Only place I can think of is Australia. US aquaculture farm do not ship abroad. Main reason cos they cannot even handle the demand from their local market.

Wei :)

Only Hippocampus spp. are under CITES II wef May 2004. That happens to be pretty much most of the species we keep.

CITES quotas and export permits are issued by the respective country of origin so if a particular country sets a "0" quota, or does not issue CITES permits for that particular species, then there will be no exports from that country. In general, however, CITES II permits are quite easily issued.

Seahorses will still be available, just possibly more expensive due to the paper trail; although the availability of Indonesian specimens would be up in the air due the Indonesian CITES trade embargo.

Intelligent people talk about ideas......

Average people talk about things......

Small people talk about other people......

• SRC Member

Just thinking.. now that Singapore gov is cracking down on every single thing in the world, what we are left with is super high priced stuff. From pirated CDs at SLS to Corals at Pasir Ris.

And why they ask "Why are 'rich' Singaporeans wanting C Class wards?"!!.... even the rich will become poor..

Why do we use "My 2 cents worth" when 1 cents are not legal tender in Singapore anymore? Shouldn't it be 5 cents worth?

"Its easier to blame the 'mantis' or crabs in the tank for missing & dead livestocks.."

http://arcanehacker.blogspot.com/

• SRC Member
Just thinking.. now that Singapore gov is cracking down on every single thing in the world, what we are left with is super high priced stuff. From pirated CDs at SLS to Corals at Pasir Ris.

And why they ask "Why are 'rich' Singaporeans wanting C Class wards?"!!.... even the rich will become poor..

Let's make this clear: Singapore is not

cracking down on every single thing in the world

We are just abiding by international regulations, be it CITES or piracy laws. And let's face it...most things (with the exception of cars, houses, tobacco and alcohol) are still not that highly priced here - try buying Walt Smith acros for the equivalent of S$60 in the US!

Intelligent people talk about ideas......

Average people talk about things......

Small people talk about other people......

• 1 month later...

Cant agree with marinebetta, we may not have the highest standard of living in the world, but with property prices and car prices at the highest among the world, we are paying through our noses... moreover, the standard of living is still pretty high, if not, why would so many Singaporeans flock to JB to get stuffs? why would a holiday to Bangkok seem so cheap?

Vincent Ho

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• Join us on the largest Reefing community in Asia!

Sign up and share your reefing journey with us, make friends and get helps from the community .

• Topics

• Latest Update

1. 0

WTS > G6 XR30 Blue and MP60MQD

2. 0

LEGITIMATE CRYPTOCURRENCY RECOVERY SERVICES / HIRE ULTIMATE HACKER JERRY

3. 0

Cryptocurrency Tracing For Crypto Scam Recovery / Captain WebGenesis

4. 0

THE BEST ASSET TRACKING SOLUTIONS / MUYERN TRUST HACKER

5. 0

مصنع حبوب الاجهاض للبيع في جدة 00966563940846 التوصيل السريع