Cleaner Shrimp Dying...

Wen

Hi All,

Made a decision to change 50% of water after seeing my fishes died one by one and alive ones not eating. But after changing 50% water, my Fire shrimp seems to be gasping for air and started kicking. Looks like he cannot make it liao. Can someone pls advise me what i have done wrong here. Could it be due to drastic PH change? Hope to learn from mistake.

I added salt into tap water, stirred and then poured into the tank. Thanks for your advise in advance.

Hi Bro, Sorry about the situation you are in now. But could you provide more info so that the brothers here can help?

Info such as:

1) Water Temp

2) Salinity

3) Nitrate & Nitrite level

4) Amonia level

5) Did you add anti-chlorine before mixing your marine salts

6) How was the water change perform

Sincerely hoping to help,

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

• SRC Member

hey dude i finalised your problem. stated that u put marine salt to the tap water/ . 3 items u shoud know.

Did u stirred your salt properly, leftover salt in water can burn your fish.

u didnt add anti cholrine.

Salinity must be correct. did u use your hydrometer to check? do ever no a 50% change a day. say 1 week, do a 25%change in a week . then another week another 25%.

• SRC Member
Hi All,

Made a decision to change 50% of water after seeing my fishes died one by one and alive ones not eating. But after changing 50% water, my Fire shrimp seems to be gasping for air and started kicking. Looks like he cannot make it liao. Can someone pls advise me what i have done wrong here. Could it be due to drastic PH change? Hope to learn from mistake.

I added salt into tap water, stirred and then poured into the tank. Thanks for your advise in advance.

guys pls dont argue. this is caused by chlorine. U must leave tap water for overnight before using it for the fish. This way u dont need any anti-chlorine. Thats a big lesson. Just dont repeat it. marines are sensitive so do all the stuff before hand. best if u can standby a big pail of ready water in case u need it. I always have that.

• SRC Member

most of the country in the world have chlorine in tap water. sgp has it for decades. chlorine can be eliminated as it will evaporised by its own so need not worry as sgp chlorine % not high in sgp so 1 night is ok. chloramine is not deadly if no chlorine. if u still afraid buy a type with anti-chlorine and anti-chloramine solution. there are many brands in the market. beware of tap water cuz still have many pollutants as no country can totally clean it.