Can these Seahorse and Pipefish be found in SG...

Terryz_

Looking for these Seahorses and pipefish...

1. Hippocampus comes

Tiger Tail Seahorse

2. Hippocampus barbouri

Barbour's Seahorse

3. Hippocampus fuscus

The Sea Pony

4. Corythoichthys haematopterus

Dragon Pipefish

Pls advice on the price and where to get them... Thkz...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• SRC Member

almost all marine lfs will sell h.comes, h.barbs u got to go pasir ris or CF :D

I gotta feeling..Woo...hoo....That tonight's gonna be a good night.....That tonight's gonna be a good, good night!

H.comes can be found in local waters.

Dragon pipefish I kept before..but got killed by whitespot a long time ago. Have yet to buy another one..but dun think i should. Tank overstock liao.

Nah...i include my copyright pic below. Taken around last July. :lol:

post-25-1077636253.jpg

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

• SRC Member

tat one a alligator pipe lah, dragon pipe larger and swim ard while tis fellow crawl on the bottom. :lol:

I gotta feeling..Woo...hoo....That tonight's gonna be a good night.....That tonight's gonna be a good, good night!

Huh...... Alligator pipe is the bigbig one swimming that look like a big seagrass one. The one in the pic is dragon pipe..check up the scientific name you know what i mean.

Amazing something so small can be called a dragon pipefish. :lol:

Thkz... Can Sea Pony be found in SG... What abt the price of dragon pipefish... Erm.. Where have stock of these seahorse now... Wan to take a look...BTW while reading up in Seahorse.org... I came across this seahorse... Seems cute... Can be found in SG...

bargibanti2Lg.jpg

Member of:

• SRC Member

have nt seen one for sale, if it's in fuel's pic, tat's 8sgd. u can go reborn, comes and kudas, PR, barbs, pasir ris, kudas comes and pipes, WC REIDI

The dragon pipe i got for $6 nia..at reB**n. Sometimes not stable..observe the fish. It should not be dazed for prolonged periods of time, they should slowly 'crawl' curiously and gracefully around the tank.

That's a pygmy seahorse. Impossible to keep if you do not have the time to obtain food resources for it. The smaller the seahorse the more times it has to be fed a day.

• SRC Member

Hi Terryz,

Pygmy seahorse/ h. bargibanti is near impossible to get even in other countries like US.

They live deep beneath the sea, more than 13m. Normally found on gorgonians. They are temperate seahorses. Maintaining a temp no more than 22max.

There is very little info on the husbandry of the pygmy seahorses, but I assume they will feed like their close cousin, dwarf seahorse/ h. zosterae.

Recently, pple have discovered a new species of pygmy, h.denise. It is found at the indo pac. We might be able to get them since its found ard our region. but still, chances are very very slim.

Cheers!

Wei :)

Hi Terryz,

Pygmy seahorse/ h. bargibanti is near impossible to get even in other countries like US.

They live deep beneath the sea, more than 13m. Normally found on gorgonians. They are temperate seahorses. Maintaining a temp no more than 22max.

There is very little info on the husbandry of the pygmy seahorses, but I assume they will feed like their close cousin, dwarf seahorse/ h. zosterae.

Recently, pple have discovered a new species of pygmy, h.denise. It is found at the indo pac. We might be able to get them since its found ard our region. but still, chances are very very slim.

Cheers!

Wei :)

Hmm... Okaie... Think will stick to the normal ones...

Member of:

• SRC Member

bro, it is better to start wif low cost hardy sh, when i came into sh last yr till nw i have at least 20 dried specimem in my hse, jus inmagine, u get reidi! :shock:

• SRC Member

yah, so as to remind me nt to be careless in the future. :)