Marine tank for sale!

Hi guys,

I am selling my old marine tank.... it's an old Juwell tank. Slight leak in the overflow joint below the tank (can be patched up with silicon). Slight scratches on glass (it's an old tank what do you expect? :P )

wholetank.jpg

5.3ft L x 1.57ft W x 1.90ft H. Approx 117.5 Gallons or 445 liters excluding sump volume)

Clearing together DIY PL light hood with 9 PL Lights (10,000k, 6,500k, 10,000/blue and true actinic 03) inbuilt timers and switches to control 4 diff lights... from all lights on to, just white, to blue/white/actinics to just actinics.

I will be throwing in the big sump tank and custom built white metal stand (very strong).

Estimated total of tank and components: $3000+++ (very conservative estimate).

PRICE: $300 only! Collection in 3 weeks time!

Not inclusive of delivery. Self-collect. Cash only.

Interested, pls send a PM to me! Or email me at achilles_tang@yahoo.com.

I'll throw in the wood boards and styrofoam boards for FREE! Heh!

Due to demand and interest in my DIY PL light hood with timers... I have put up pix and description of it.

It's 5 feet long, incorporating a mirror finished reflector, a PVC trunking in which I have the electronic ballasts, timers and light switch boxes hidden in.

Current mixture of lights: 6500k (to bring out the red and yellows), 10,000k (more whitish light), and true actinic 03 lights for flourescent effects and more blue lightwave penetrations.

The 9 PL lights are controlled by 1 timer controlling the actinics to simulate various dawn/dusk and 1 timer to switch on during the 'day hours'.

There are also light switches, which manually control each set of different lights.

The following pix (taken when first installed) shows the various lights. The blue lights have since been replaced with true actinic PL lights. (you can tell which is which as the actinics are deep purple, compared to the light blue lights)

6500k lights on only.

lightswhtonly.jpg

6500k lights and 10,000k/blue lights

lightswhthalfblue.jpg

All the lights are on!

lightsallon.jpg

Actinics plus 10k/blue

lightsallbluewhalfwht.jpg

Actinics only

lightsallblue.jpg

All lights on, side view.

sidealllights.jpg

Shot of timers

timers2.jpg

Shot of timers (oh, I used masking tape to form the hinge for the protective covers)

Timers.jpg

closeuplightson.jpg

Close up of the SG11 bases of the 36watt PL lights.

closeuplights1.jpg

closeuplights.jpg

stand.jpg

Here's what the stand and sump looks like.

I used a black acrylic sheet to velcro to the stand so it founds a nice black uniform look and it gives better access compared to cupboard doors.

Dsc00044small.jpg

The stand and sump are included with the tank.

Seems like I have quite a few interested parties.... you have all been contacted... so first one to give the best offer takes all! :D

I am reserving the lights for someone else who offered me.

Just to clarify... the tank, sump, wood & styrofoam boards and stand are still $300 as the base price.

• 1 month later...

GRRRRR!!!

My wife's friend changed her mind at the last minute last week!!!!!!!!!

The empty tank, sump and stand is still sitting in my hall!!!!

LELONG! LELONG!!! $250!!!! Before I get angry and break it to pieces for the scrapyard! <_<

• 4 weeks later...