Deepblue's ReefTank Devt

DeepBlue

Recently looked at the old pics and found that I really miss my old setup.....though it was super pack...but I love it ...all those softies and LPS.....

hope to share this journey with everyone.....

The first pic taken in MARCH 2003

post-34-1077291429.jpg

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then Oct 2003....'slowly' increasing more and more corals

where's the pic..?

maybe u can look at online storage..

no scare of pc crashing.. n a tip.. do parition of your harddisk..

easily dump stuff here n there.. I reformat n reload my pc

every now n then when pc starts to slow down..

Decided to try SPS, read up quite a bit, go around asking people and most tangs are gone, most buttons, leather corals gone as well.................... quite bare...

FEB 2004...............

I think I am so tempted to give up on SPS and go back to those lovely LPS and Softies :(:D:D

I still like a over-stocked tank with many fishes swimming around :lol::lol::lol:

post-34-1077292010.jpg

Cant you put sps and lps and softie at different locations...

Can....but Tunze's current tend to give them problems...LPS can easily kana blown to botak if not careful.................

For softies like leather and zoos.......they gives out toxic..will affect the water quality and SPS as well...that's why they must go..unless you got AT's kind of skimmer... :lol::lol:

Agree with you totally....I'll stick on to this project for 6 months....if I dun like it, I'll go back to the old setup :lol::lol::lol::lol: with many tangs inside again :evil::evil::evil:

Now that you have gone full circle, its not too late to go back to LPS & being able to keep more fishes again ... so its shopping time ... :D

Personally I prefer mixed reef with majority LPS, I prefer more movement, thus swaying LPS and flashes of colours from the fishes :)

That's what my wife says ...............actually most ladies dislike SPS.... like sticks sticking out and doesnt do much..............

I am a Softies and LPS lover....but I like the challenge of SPS as well.....so I am going to try...enjoy some success before going back to them.....I am having mixed reef at the moment....so I'll just have to slowly build it up to a overcrowded one .....again :evil::evil::evil:

Yeah, I do miss the seductive swaying of LPS & soft corals... maybe I should change back too to a full LPS tank....

Not. Heehee! :lol: LOL!

Hi nice tank, deepblue! I have to see it in person one day!