Tofu's 2.5 IOS Nano tank

tofubox

Very nice scape for the tank size, i think is time to upgrade to a bigger tank n fill with more demanding SPS that require stable perimeter.

Thanks bro, also wish i could upgrade. Plans to upgrade to a 4 foot shallow has been put on hold due to finance. Will be sticking to my 2ft for some time. The parameters are pretty much stable. KH, CA and MG are all kept at a strict range. I reckon my milles are not doing well, either due to flow, lighting or too low nutrient as the tank is powered by deltec mce600, bare bottom tank plus polyplab reef resh system and rowa / carbon reactor.

I Love Stagsss

• SRC Member

Waltsmith sps are very nice but very difficult to hold the color. their water is too clean liao.

nice progress.

cant wait to see your upgrading man.

but currently you can get another tank as refugiume or 2nd sump to increase the water volume, which means more stable system.

Sometime good system have more sponge, algae, old rocks.... but balanced which means natural. IMO

:yahoo:

:superman: :superman: :superman: :superman: :superman: :superman: :superman:

The chalice doesn't look so gd.

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

Haha Yup. I bought it as it is. My mom really liked the colour. So just Suck up and bought it, at least she has something in the tank that she chose. Hope will recover in my tank. My dad chose the true octo. I'm still an sps person. Need to get them involved!! Haha. Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I Love Stagsss

• 2 weeks later...

Some recent updates : Tank going nice n strong, KH brought down to 7.0. Made a mistake today by dosing kh instead of ca, Kh went up by 2.5. Hopefully wont have any massive impact on the system. Still on ESV, used finished my 52oz bottle, waiting for the 1 gallons to be delivered. Consumption of esv has doubled since day one, with couple of sps growing fast.

FTS

post-18626-0-73347000-1403012313_thumb.j

Many new heads for my golden cloves

post-18626-0-39825300-1403012318_thumb.j

Purple digi with good colouration on body

post-18626-0-69800700-1403012321_thumb.j

One of the faster growers, radioactive BN

post-18626-0-96139200-1403012324_thumb.j

The walt smith pocci that i saved is doing v well, better colour than when i first bought it as a colony

post-18626-0-18365700-1403012328_thumb.j

Bought this frag from iwarna frag room, very slow growth, new growth is luminous blue. Anyone can id for me?

post-18626-0-35919800-1403012331_thumb.j

I Love Stagsss

Finally found an ID to one of my sps, its a capitata of some sort. This particular frag is a legend, its basically been with me since i started this tank from day one. Even stronger than some soft corals/lps i had initially. It was totally brown and i just chucked it in some hole with not much care or thought for it. Now, its already encrusted on the rock, colour wise, i still can't really tell what the base is, sort of turquoise looking, polyp looks brown. Truly a legendary sps in my own eyes. Turned out from being the forgotten child, to one of my favourites even if it lacks the colour. Didn't realise even a frag can bring sentimental value :thumbsup:

Heres an image of it.

post-18626-0-61183600-1403196976_thumb.j

A web image i found of close similarity

post-18626-0-48102700-1403196994_thumb.j

I Love Stagsss

• SRC Member

Bro You running anytype Mechanical Filteration Or chemical filteration?..I Understand Your Position On Battling Nitrates..Iv been there done that..But bro Its good to Have the A QT As You can feed New Arrivals Really Really well..Hope you can Fight the nitrate off..But any Of your SPS Colour Has runed?

Cheers Bro!

300Gallons of Pure Goodness! >Dimensions 6x2x2 (Foot)

1: Maxspect 160 Watt qty-2

2: Vortech MP 40 Wes

3:Jaebao WP40 qty-2

3: Skimz Becket Skimmer/ Ehiem 1260

4: Dymax XC 900 Calcium Reactor

5: American Pinpoint PH Controller

6: Iwaki MD 55 And MD 70 (Return)

7: Hydra Aquatics FR45 Reactor

8:Hailea 10HP Chiller

R2R forum->>>http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/photography-forum/154896-ashwins-reefing-photography.html

Oh hey ash, no longer battling nitrates. That was an issue about 3 mths back. It's been 0.2 for a long time now. Using filter pads, algone, mce600, bac king, rowaphos, carbon, polyplab reef resh, esv b ionic and grotech a, b, c Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I Love Stagsss

Hey guys! Just made my first video of the tank. If u got good internet speed, do watch it 1080p. But sadly, its still using my phone camera, so no super graphics.

Video was just taken, so some of the corals almost in sleeping mode, some polyp closed up.

http://youtu.be/otdmGa5e8L4

I Love Stagsss

Nice video with lots of healthy sps and fishes

Nice bg music and love your scape. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nice video!

Thank you all for the kind comments! :thumbsup:

I Love Stagsss

Update for end of the month. Lost 2 corals due to KH issues. Tank starting sucking up KH like crazy, my esv dosage is now almost 3 times what i started out at. Good news is everything is growing, explaining the kh dip. Guess i wasn't prepared for it, as i only measured the KH once the whole week. Else, nothing much has changed, still using reef resh system, algone nitrate patches, rowa phos. Also, I feel the tank is not ready for rare gems still. Haven't had much success with the more sensitive corals due to consistent kh issues. Hence, just gonna stick to easier sps like montis, digis, Bn and pocci. Not much gems in my tank, but a good mix of common sps still makes for a wonderful display tank. Lastly, I lost my beautiful sunburst anthias (rip), I'm guessing it was aggression in the tank as the tail was damaged when i found it.

As most of you know, I got the green light for a 4ft tank. Can hardly wait. Will definitely need more advice from the pros here when the time comes.

Left side

post-18626-0-46893600-1404120871_thumb.j

Middle

post-18626-0-03013200-1404120875_thumb.j

Right

post-18626-0-38356700-1404120879_thumb.j

Added some GSP to the wall, thanks to a nice reefer

post-18626-0-59830000-1404120884_thumb.j

New zoa added to the collection

post-18626-0-85338000-1404120886_thumb.j

And got a beautiful pic of my borbonius that I would like to share

post-18626-0-25905700-1404120895_thumb.j