Looking for return pump

FuEl

Hi guys...I am looking for a 2nd hand return pump. The output needs to be around 3000l/hr at a height of 1.2-1.3 metres from the ground.

Also looking for LOTS of macroalgae. Best not those kind which tend to go asexual like caulerpa etc. Will be put under normal lighting cycle. Willing to pay a token sum. Best if they are attached to rock. I dun want floating sargassum etc..

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

• SRC Member

MD 55 is for external used only. Need to know whether bro fuel uses it for internal or external b4 we could recommand a reasonable pump to him

2ft cube with 2.5 sump

400w MH with 6 x 24w blue T5

Hydor wavemaker controller

Aquatronica controller

Daikin compressor with double coil

RM CR

H&S out sump skimmer

I'm tried using a hailea 6540 today....My I-box could not cope with the flow rate even with the pump pumping water up around 1.2m. Switched back to my weipro 4000 for now...outflow of the weipro pump is around 1900l/hr at a height of 1.2m. At least the I-box does not make gurgling noises. :rolleyes:

Dun think I can use a MD55. Either my tank overflow or the pump burn out. My I-box can supposedly support up to 800 gallon/hr flow rate..but then..dunno why the hailea 6540 is too strong...its max output is around 3000l/h if I am not wrong..at 1.2m should have drop by quite alot....Could it be because the horizontal part of the siphon tube is longer (due to customization) thus the lower capacity for 800 gph? :erm:

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

• SRC Member

fuel: 1st of all, you said the I-box cannot handle the return. Can you be more specific?? Is water rising higher in the tank or is water overflowing in the external box?? You can do these 2 things..

1. get another U_tube, run 2 U_tubes. You can get from Ian or make one

2. make a bigger hole for the drain pipe and connect a bigger pipe (1.25") instead of the 1"..OR drill another similar sized hole and install another set of 1" drains. if you follow the design of durso standpipe at his webpage, you'll notice he said something about 1" drain consideration which affects performance..any other sizes are easy to make, 1" in particular is tricky..if you do everything well, 1" drain can handle up to 900g!! at least mine did!! i ca drain off a md 55 with 1" drain. So on tt account i do suspect you just need another U_tube

Alvin

• SRC Member

Alvy, the I~Box works fine but silly me forgot to drill a small hole at the end cap and there was irregular siphoning from the durso pipe at the back. Spoke to fuel on this already.

Acrylic Aquarium Filtering Systems

Acrylic tanks, sumps, protein skimmers, overflow box, refugium, calcium reactors, zeovit reactors and many more...

Our New Address:

Blk 9003, Tampines St. 93,

Tampines Industrial Park A,

#03-134, Singapore 528837

(Located behind Tampines SAFRA)

Contact Nos.

(Tel) +65 9298 9489

(Fax) +65 6588 4711

Please direct your...

Email me : info@iaquatic.com

*Please do not send PM's to us. Thank you