Whole Tank for Sale

holyspirit

• SRC Member

oops!!

Sorry sis for addressing u as bro...my bad my bad...

hm. yea..true..having a hobby may be for dis-stressment...but don't u think we're getting more technical..more stress instread.. but i feel we should spend more time on 'issue' which is more worthwhile to our life..IMHO

What i mean by letting go is only when all the things i am selling is being reserved and bought by someone...

why i am so disappointed....

it is not becoz of a failure to keep marine...

ir is not becoz of pple look down on me....

it is not brcoz of pple bully me....

it is becoz someone DISAPOINTED me alot....

yup, dun gif up the hobby because of someone else! unless your interest wasn't there in the 1st place.

Take the cue from Venezia !!!

help can be sought anytime from fellow reefers here - for free !!! :P

• SRC Member

this would only show the char of her.. if now one person is gonna make her change so drastically, what about next time? You working? In the working world, many a times you'll be dissapointed and suppressed. You want to then give up everything and start a new every single time? or even give up life? ... THINK.. it not worth it just on one stupid person's comment...

Me harsh? Welcome to the world!

Why do we use "My 2 cents worth" when 1 cents are not legal tender in Singapore anymore? Shouldn't it be 5 cents worth?

"Its easier to blame the 'mantis' or crabs in the tank for missing & dead livestocks.."

http://arcanehacker.blogspot.com/

hey Guys

Juz wanna say....

After those encouragement words from u all, I decided to carry on

and continue reef keeping.... :)

Sorry to those who showed a keen interest in wanting to view my tank....The tank now is not for sale anymore.. Really sorry for the

disappointment.. :(

Thank you all for your encouragement and advise. :yeah:

Wishing to all of u A Happy V-Dae :D:lol:

Cheers :P

• SRC Member
hey Guys

Juz wanna say....

After those encouragement words from u all, I decided to carry on

and continue reef keeping.... :)  Sorry to those who showed a keen interest in wanting to view my tank....The tank now is not for sale anymore.. Really sorry for the disappointment..  :(

Thank you all for your encouragement and advise. :yeah:  Wishing to all of u A Happy V-Dae  :D  :lol:

Cheers  :P

So do you have any plans what LS you intend to have in your tank? :eyebrow:

Hi HS,

Glad to see that you've gotten over the blue patch. :)

My recommendation for newbies is not to try SPS until they gain enough experience.

Let me explain, a new tank will go through a lot of instability problems and SPS corals are not that forgiving, unlike softies or most LPS.

An easy to keep SPS coral (if you know which ones are) may survive but the goal of keeping SPS corals is to see them exhibit beautiful colours and have a beautiful growth form.

I am sure you will also need more time to ungrade your equipment such as a very good skimmer, a Calcium Reactor, stronger lights, a good chiller, good water circulation system etc and pick up some good coral books or surf extensively to specialized SPS forums to learn about to keep SPS corals.

Don't rush into SPS keeping because it is a very expensive exercise and it is AN ADDICTION of which many of us have big holes in our wallets! :cry:

:lol: Cheers,

AT

Hey guys...

Juz to let u all know if u all did not know.....

that i have been successfuly keeping LPS corals

for more than 1 year...

So now, I decided to venture into SPS corals....

Below are some specs on my tank equipment...

- 3" X 2" X 2" wif overflow compartment

- BLV 10k 250 MH Bulb

- currently i have no chiller, so instead i use my air con...

- Marine Source Protein Skimmer ( Which will be arriving soon )

- Sourcing for kal , calcium and top up system...

- tank undergoing cycling process.

Regarding the books, last year , i alreadi bought a book on corals by Julian Sprung. So Mr AT, pls dun worry that i will not put corals life at risk or juz to test the water parameters... :nc:

So if i were to face any problems, i will seek u all guys for advise...

You all muz guide me hor... esp those SPS experts... hehe :yeah:

That's good to hear! But applying your experience for LPS is just enough to know the basic husbandry skills. SPS is a different ball game... and quite exacting in fact.

You have to get all your equipment in place and running well so you can worry less about inadequacies of your system and concentrating on husbandry and maintenance of an SPS system.

But as I said, do take a lot more caution for a new tank, you have to do EVERYTHING right from the start or your immature tank will cause problems especially for SPS corals.

First off, I suggest the use of Rowaphos from the start so that you don't give phosphate a chance to bind into your LR and sandbed, to be later released for cyano or worse still, hair algae or bryopsis. These will smother, suffocate and overgrow SPS corals without mercy should there be a surface available for them to grow on, especially exposed damaged skeletons.

2ndly, read up more about SPS keeping and start learning about the different species. Then learn about the parameters that SPS corals prefer and how to control these well.

The rest will be applied to your practical experiences. You'll learn as you go along.

I wish you well! Good luck!

AT