Ideal place for anemone? Why won't attach itself?

Wow... that anemone is really bleached!! But beautiful in a sad way.

I suggest you feed it regularly with meaty foods like prawns to supplement its energy requirements or it'll die in no time.

• SRC Supporter

my BTA has been with me for afew mths.. the very 1st few days it wonders alittle.. and than stop and face upwards directly under my lights...

after 1mth there it starts to wonder again and end up below some lr for about 5days...after that it starts moving and now its inbetween 2lr..

i notice that they love to sit in holes and i belive they prefer moderate indirect currents... hope that helps..

and correct me if im wrong! :)

oh yes during this time my clownfish nv get near it..until after it settle for its latest position,my african clown starts going into it :P

[ ]

[ ]

Reef Reefing Reefed

• SRC Member

I do not dose any medication into my tank. Only food soaked in Seachem's Garlic Guard (and minute quantities of AZ-NO3 that is dosed in my sump).

My anemone doesn't appear burnt, just shrivelled, much like our skin when soaked in water for long time. Colour still retains, just size different.

:thanks: Bro sugi for the suggestion. Will monitor my anemone and try if it does not settle.

Can anyone help ID my anemone? :thanks:

Might be a Yellow Sabae Anemone? I have one like yours, like to wonder around and it doesn't seems to like too strong light, Mine shunk if I on the MH for for than 8hrs. Whenever I switch off the MH for few hrs, they regain back and bloom. I'm now suspecting the UV from the MH might be "sunburning" them. Still monitoring and experimenting though.

Cheers,

James

Reviving my reef tank :

Crystal glass 53" x 22" x 17" rimless (inclusive of 12"x22"x17" IOS)

Life Reef HVS3-24 with mazzei venturi

ATI Sunpower 8 x 39w T5 (4 x Blue plus, 2 x Aqua blue special, Coral plus)

ZET Light 3 x 3w LEDs moonlight

Arctica 1/3 Hp + 1/4 Hp back up

Vortech mp40w x 3 + Jebao wp25

Eheim 1264 x 3 + water blaster 5000

Vortech back up battery

TLF-150 + Rowaphos

Activated carbon

Kamoer 3 channel + CaCl2 + NaHCo3

150L Refugium with DSB, miracle mud, cheato

2ft T5 x 2 light tubes for refugium