1.25hp Reef Relief Chiller for sale.

Joshuas

My 1.25hp Titanium more quiet than my old TW6.

Thousand of different opinion here with so many pple around, so are just wanting to see you buy the wrong product and die only! If see you get what they think is inferior product and it works badly then they will add oil to fire. If see you get something good which they think is no good they just keep quiet

i have a Hailea 6550 submerged pump in the sump and a Aquabee 2000/1 pump driving my Jetskim 150. other than that, no other equipments inside the sump.

i think the RR is pretty quiet, but then again, i've not had other chiller beofre, so cannot comment.

I had done some test with my 1.25hp titanium relief.

With and without 2 high powered pump submersed in my sump. The different in running time is almost double!!!

So what I guess if you change to the Titanium Relief but still keep the two pumps in the water, the run time will not be too much difference.

Check out this thread.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?...c=10820&st=45

i'm also thinking of taking the Hailea out.

But i don't think i want to drill a hole on my sump tank to connect that pump out. i'm scare that the tank will crack and scare that the pump will be too hot when placed external?

Forgot to mention also i have 2 x 6080 and 1 x 6100 Tunze. Does that contribute a lot to the heat as well?

Anyway, i'm still thinking of selling it. No one interested?

it takes about 6 hours to cool down 2 degrees.

maybe its because my tank is too big.

6ft x 2.5ft x 2.5 ft with a sump of 5ft x 2ft and with 2 x 250watts MH on for 8 hours.

Wow... that is a very large system volume! :blink:

Anyway, if its any consolation to you, I'm pretty happy with my Titanium chiller, keeps my tank from going past 27.5C, even with my fan off and running for more than 9 hours with full 1600watts of MH running.

You should look into ways to improve/help the efficiency of your chiller, like place it in an area where there's lots of cool air circulation so it doesn't recycle hot air (that's why placing a chiller in a cabinet is suicidal), using external pumps that are air-cooled instead of water-cooled, using a fan to move hot air from the top of your tank (esp if you have an enclosed hood) and even the ambient room temperature.

You have to also make sure that you run some acid solution like vinegar thru your chiller pipes once every 5 months (that's what I do), to dissolve any calcium deposits on the cooling coils and of course, the slimy buildup which will also clog and reduce the heat exchange efficiency.

My 2 cents,

AT

• SRC Member

Wow... that is a very large system volume! :blink:

Anyway, if its any consolation to you, I'm pretty happy with my Titanium chiller, keeps my tank from going past 27.5C, even with my fan off and running for more than 9 hours with full 1600watts of MH running.

You should look into ways to improve/help the efficiency of your chiller, like place it in an area where there's lots of cool air circulation so it doesn't recycle hot air (that's why placing a chiller in a cabinet is suicidal), using external pumps that are air-cooled instead of water-cooled, using a fan to move hot air from the top of your tank (esp if you have an enclosed hood) and even the ambient room temperature.

You have to also make sure that you run some acid solution like vinegar thru your chiller pipes once every 5 months (that's what I do), to dissolve any calcium deposits on the cooling coils and of course, the slimy buildup which will also clog and reduce the heat exchange efficiency.

My 2 cents,

AT

AT, maybe u could post a topic on how to do some simple routine maintainance on chiller? think it would be very helpful for chiller user to know how to DIY some simple maintainance....