Can coral put in fish only tank?

• SRC Member
putting a little amount of liverocks can me the fishes sick issiT?

my bro,

go read up more fist... i dont even think you know what the use of live rock for...

have live rock or not wont make your fish sick..

live rock is use as a very good filteration stuff...and also to give hidding place for your shy fish.

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

HI, also need some advice. Planning to "graduate" from planted tanks to a 36"x22"x24" setup for FOWLR. wld like to add some "color" to the live rocks and was wondering for above kind of set-up (thinking 2 x 24/28W PL - 1 daylight 10kk and 1 actinic), what kind of soft coral I can get that would thrive in such conditions. Don't want to get into the cost of MH & chiller at this point in time. Wld buttons and mushrooms work? What would be the additives required? Really apprec any advice that u can give...many tks!

Sorry, to add, would tube worms also survive under these conditions?

Ta!

Hi Siput.

Why don't you get into research mode first.

There's really quite ALOT to learn about the marine ecosystem and what's needed to keep it in good condition for the long term health of your livestock.

Don't start until you learn ALL you can. The less mistakes you make at the beginning, the better!

Start off with reading the pinned up threads in the New to the Hobby Forum.

Best of luck,

AT