Show off your grossest skimmate photos!

Achilles Tang

LOL!!! Just kidding!

Now here's a chance to show off your skimmate!

I found back some old photos of mine that went missing during one of SRC's earlier dataloss problems when I rented webspace!

To those who missed this... ever wondered what skimmate can look like from a beckett skimmer? :shock:

I haven't seen anyone with skimmate like this yet! Come and take part in the GROSSEST SKIMMATE CHALLENGE 2004!

Any one caught cheating substituting dog poo for skimmate will not only be disqualified but be made to undergo a special marine formula ###### treatment session! ;)

post-7-1055045871.jpg

post-7-1055045995.jpg

post-7-1055611518.jpg

post-7-1055611482.jpg

post-7-1055049434.jpg

post-7-1055047957.jpg

post-7-1055047508.jpg

post-7-1055047361.jpg

post-7-1055046732.jpg

Prize you mean? Spell-check in future please.

If you really mean 'price'... I will be happy to sell you my skimmate at $20 a gram. Rest assured it's of the highest quality! ;)

If you meant 'prize'... WINNER TAKES ALL! :lol:

• SRC Member

AT,

I think my AquaC EV-240 got 50-50 chance to beat the Beckett skimmate. Only problem is my photographic skills can't make it even more grossest. B)

• SRC Member
AT,

I think my AquaC EV-240 got 50-50 chance to beat the Beckett skimmate. Only problem is my photographic skills can't make it even more grossest. B)

no need so much skill lah.. take a macro.. the closes shot you can get.. :P

Why do we use "My 2 cents worth" when 1 cents are not legal tender in Singapore anymore? Shouldn't it be 5 cents worth?

"Its easier to blame the 'mantis' or crabs in the tank for missing & dead livestocks.."

http://arcanehacker.blogspot.com/

• SRC Member

Guys... don't throw away the skimmate. Here are things you can use it for.

1. Use the skimmate as fertilizer for your potted plant. The nutrients in there will be food for your plants.

2. Use it to camouflage your face.. especially for those infantry, SOF, Commando, etc.

3. Pour back the skimmate to your tank and see how fast your skimmer cleans it up again.

4. If you are a tai long, throw the skimmate and the borrower's house.

5. Ladies, the secret for youthful looking skin. Don't use expensive mud pack, use skimmate.

• SRC Member
Anyhow I not even in running as I keep only limited LS and moderate feedings so skimmate nothing close to those (yacks.. :nuke: ) in anyone's pics.

One of the reason to justify that expensive powerful skimmer.

Purposely overfeed to produce thicker skimmate. :D

Funny but it's quite hard for me these days to get skimmate of the above quality these days. Maybe if i don't have to clean my collection cup weekly and let it build! ;)

I guess my reef tank's rather stable now?

Ok, less talk and more pictures... come on Yazid... SHOW ME THE SKIMMATE!! :lol:

• SRC Member

One of the reason to justify that expensive powerful skimmer.

Purposely overfeed to produce thicker skimmate. :D

Talking about on business opportunity here....yazid just created some. With ah_long.com mushrooming, reefers can resell high quality skimmate for their use. At least they can be more environmental friendly instead of using canister spray paint. :lol:

Point 1 from Yazid won't work. The plants will die. Skimmate has salt in it. :lol:

Point 2... hmmm... perhaps the cloud of flies hovering around camouflaged soldiers will give their position away?

Point 3... bo liao!

Point 4... my wife will strangle me first and pour it down my throat!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Point 4... I think paint and engine oil's still harder to clean off.

• SRC Member

Point 2. Flies? The enemy thought you are already dead! Maggots crawling on their face will scare them off. :sick:

Point 3... bo liao! What?! no more skimmate? U want some to test whether your skimmer still works? A cup in return for your blue coralline. ;)

just post for fun...mt black skimmate from my H&S...I hate washing the cup, feel like puking everytime :sick:

this pic was taken long ago...found once it break in, the skimmate is veri dark and thick.... ;)

post-17-1076332131.jpg

• SRC Member
Funny but it's quite hard for me these days to get skimmate of the above quality these days. Maybe if i don't have to clean my collection cup weekly and let it build! ;)

I guess my reef tank's rather stable now?

Ok, less talk and more pictures... come on Yazid... SHOW ME THE SKIMMATE!! :lol:

huh? :huh: is it true if your tank is pretty stable...you wont get such goss skimmate?

So far for so many months using a weipro 2011....I have never got such....such.....goss stuff from my PS??!! <_< so annoying..... :angry: or maybe on the better side...my tank is mature already?? hmmm....... :blink:

• 3 months later...