Rumor's Gobies Tank

KingFish

• SRC Member

The man is here :)

I've been trying, but its hard to capture the almost paranoid fish.

Any slightest motion will cause it to bolt for into its burrow, in like 1/10 of a second.

That should explain why its not commonly available.

Will try again tonight, maybe try like the wildlife photographers, put a hood over myself :ph34r:

haha...you need a remote! ;)

Intelligent people talk about ideas......

Average people talk about things......

Small people talk about other people......

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bro, your Alpheus randalli is it with red blotches? I am looking for one but most LFS Pistol shrimp are plain coloured one. So if your is reddish, can tell me where I can get?

Thanks a million. :-)

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

Ya man, need a wireless remote 10 feet away.

Or I can strap a Critter-Cam on Hector and send him in :D

Gouldian,

Yup, I got it from eAquarist.

One which is paired with another spotted-Goby.

It had since decided that the Yashia is prettier :upsidedown:

Thanks bro,

I think your thread is one of the most actively one in Members Tank & Specs. Congrats,

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

my yashia became abnormally brave. Always out in the open front sandbed now...he even slept in the open last night! :blink: Last night till now i see still outside near the front of the glass in the middle portion of the tank. Maybe it knows it has the spotlight. :lol:

Argh..got to rush for presentation now...Rumor..i waiting for your shot of your yashia with the randalli. Must be very colorful combination. :eyebrow:

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

The Rainfordis at PR are supposedly already feeding and acclimitised to tank conditions.

Perhaps its picking off some zooplankton / pods off the water columns, which are good signs. :)

Fuel,

That is indeed odd, if the Yashia is sticking close to the glass and gasping, you'll want to find him a suitable burrow soon. I have a few man-made ones about, just in case.

Perhaps tonight I'll have a better shot of the pair :angel:

Is that so? I was under the impression only PR brought them in.

Looks good, you are welcome to post their pictures in my thread or start one yourself :)

So far nothing on my radar, I got 3 of the more coverted (commercially available locally) Gobies. Unless you are keen on Yellow spotted gobies and Clown gobies which are sighted at BioOcean.

So far nothing on my radar, I got 3 of the more coverted (commercially available locally) Gobies

What gobies... Where...

Where is Lakeside aquatics

You wan to get the goby huh... I bought all of them(two)... It is at Blk 494 Jurong West St 41 #01-132..

Member of:

Bro.. Can advise whether will these combination of goby will lead to any problems...

2 x Rainfordi Goby

2 x Scooter Blenny

1 x Black Blenny

1 x Black Antenna Goby

1 x Yashia Goby (If got stock)

1 x Red Striped Goby(If can get)

Member of:

The Rainfordis at PR are supposedly already feeding and acclimitised to tank conditions.

Perhaps its picking off some zooplankton / pods off the water columns, which are good signs. :)

Fuel,

That is indeed odd, if the Yashia is sticking close to the glass and gasping, you'll want to find him a suitable burrow soon. I have a few man-made ones about, just in case.

Perhaps tonight I'll have a better shot of the pair :angel:

Hmmm..it's eating well. So far it has not been seen looking for a burrow. It's just laying on the sandbed in the open (till now)..basking under T5s...If I'm not wrong when the lights go off it'll still sleep there.

I have alot of hiding places in my tank..it just refuses to hide anymore! Esp after 2 days of hiding. :rolleyes:

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

• 2 weeks later...

After water change and some major elbow workout cleaning the eggs sacs off the acrylic walls, mummy Nassarius came back with a vengence and peppered the panels with eggs sacs.

She sure is in a hurry to proliferate, perhaps she's reaching sexual maturity, or/and sensing the end of her life ;)

post-34-1078768633.jpg

Some of them have already hatched, but I never spot any baby nassarius. Not sure if snail hatchlings are pelagic, Rainfordis are also known to feed on tiny crustaceans, so I suppose its keeping snail population growth in check.

I'll be more than happy if it means the tiny 1.5ft setup becomes self sufficient in ways :)