Piping for AquaC Ev240 Gate Valve

AlfaRomeo

• SRC Member

Hi Guys,

As some of you might know, I have an AquaC EV240 skimmer to be used with my tank. The skimmer is quite high actually and my sump is 1.5ft Ht. I do not intend to use the skimmer in-sump so its gotta go out of the sump. The problem is that it cannot fit under the cabinet due to the ht of the sump and the output gate has to be above the sump.

Thats means that i have to put the skimmer at the side of the tank/cabinet and will need to elevate the skimmer up 1 ft. There is a distance of about 2 feet from the proposed skimmer location to the sump.

Me being a complete dodo when it comes to DIY stuff need some help and suggestions on how i can achieve this. Also need some leads on where i can buy PVC pipes and flexible hose.

Anyone know how big is the gate? issit 1.5 inches?

Picture of output gate for the skimmer is attached.

HELP!!!!! :)

post-17-1076079192.jpg

• SRC Member
as i say..nearest to you may be the elias mall flea mart....2nd level...but may not have the size

but i think most will say hai cheong at paya ubi will have the most range of fittings to fit this gate valve....

Since when did Hai cheong moved to paya ubi? Or did they have a branch?

The size of the gate valve is 1.5".

You can go to the hardware shops and buy those 40mm/1.5" PVC fittings and tubes. It will work. Cos I am using it now :P

If you use your EV-240 out of sump, remember to elevate it so that the water from the gateway only need to flow downwards. It cannot flow upwards.

For the water inlet, use ehiem 16/22 tubing and perfect fit.