New set-up readings

• SRC Member

Hi every1,

I jus setup another tank at home. a 2ft tank. I used cured rocks and added bacteria and market prawn yesterday night.

I find the readings abit weird.

Ammonia: 0.25ppm

Nitrite: 0ppm

Nitrate: 0ppm

By the way, this is the first time i mix my own salt. Previous got from Lfs.

I jus tested all to see the reading. Do advise if i tested to early or wat is the issue...

• SRC Member

Test over the next few days... U should start seeing ammonia go up, go down followed by nitrite go up, go down and lastly nitrate go up... Once nh4 & no2 = 0, u are good to go ;)

:: just a noob ::

Hi bro, since u just put in market prawn last night I would think its normal for your ANN to read as 0.25,0,0.. wait a few more days and test again or u might want to test them daily and w

rite down the reading for easy monitoring.. that's what I did to my first 2ft tank.

I'm a lazy person so I make do with testing every few day and didn't bother to write down depending purely on memory which always fail me haha..

As for my current tank still cycling I didn't even bother to test any of them. Only put in a ammonia" sticker" don't know what its call to see ammonia go up and leave it alone

Sent from my LG-E975 using Tapatalk 2

Ya the one that u stick to the tank using a suction that come with it.

My old 2ft if my memory didn't fail took about a week and it starts to get cloudy.. Now this tank 1 week plus le still nothing happen. Since nh3 went up and come down I guess it should be working fine

• 2 weeks later...