• AQUA C EV
    • TUNZE
    • AQUA MEDIC
    • EURO REEF

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[if money is no object, and you can spend as much as you want on a skimmer without making your house look like a giant protein skimmer]

go for the deltec with 6 eheim needlewheel pumps....

...i think cost about EUR3,699.00 ......means about SGD7,584.30

using 1 EUR = 2.05036 SGD

since money is no object to you ;)

For Aquariums up to:

Heavy Stocking 8000 Ltrs (1778 gals)

Normal Stocking 12000 Ltrs (2667 gals)

Water Throughput:

3500 Ltr./ h (778 gall/h)

Dimensions:

L: 680mm W: 680mm H: 1100mm

so powerful until can maybe skim out the salt in saltwater to become freshwater :lol: just kidding :lol:

post-7-1080263267.jpg

• SRC Member
[if money is no object, and you can spend as much as you want on a skimmer without making your house look like a giant protein skimmer]

For Aquariums up to:

Water Throughput:

Dimensions:

so powerful until can maybe skim out the salt in saltwater to become freshwater :lol: just kidding :lol:

No lah...I'm not saying money is no object for me. I'm just curious what is the best of the best in the market and how pricey will it be. Holy smoke....$7,500 for a protein skimmer.....I think my whole system also doesn't cost that much..... have to give it a miss.

May be AT or Roidan can buy and we can go visit your place and "leow nwah" (drip saliva). hehehehe

coz i read "money no object" mah...hehehe

i'll buy this skimmer when i have a 12ft next time man....

i guess this deltec skimmer is one of the best of the best liao...wait a minute...i kinda remember there is still one higher model than this :blink:..i dun think we need to know lah...really out of our reach to pay this kinda price for a skimmer

• SRC Member

From a neutral standpoint, asking for opinions of 'the best' of any particular item is bound to generate way too many opinions. Even by branding, there are often times when a reputable brand comes out with something really crap or not good value.

Over time, opinions and general ideas may also change (eg: At one time, skimmers were not even considered an essential piece of equiptment to some aquarists). Advancement in technology also will affect percieved values.

Probably best way is to set a budget and minimum capacity required and then shop around.

• SRC Member
From a neutral standpoint, asking for opinions of 'the best' of any particular item is bound to generate way too many opinions. Even by branding, there are often times when a reputable brand comes out with something really crap or not good value.

Over time, opinions and general ideas may also change (eg: At one time, skimmers were not even considered an essential piece of equiptment to some aquarists). Advancement in technology also will affect percieved values.

Probably best way is to set a budget and minimum capacity required and then shop around.

That's true. At one time, bioball in a wet/dry system is considered a must to remove nitrate. Look where bioballs are now?

BTW, until today, I'm still not sure if bioball in a dry formation really removed nitrate.

Cheers,

Patrick

• SRC Member

For Aquariums up to:

Water Throughput:

Dimensions:

Hm... i think you can probably DIY that with those 5gal water dispenser jar... hehe...

• SRC Member
they are not the best...for definitely up there amongst the best

Will too good a skimmer remove away the trace elements in the water as well thus the need to top up every now and then........any opinion?

• 1 year later...
  • SRC Member

take plastic straw... blow into one of the sump compartments... while taking a plastic cup trying to catch all the foam....

thats the best skimmer!!!!!!! :yeah::yeah::yeah:

seriously...... any continental needlewheel works for me!!!!

cheaper and comparable results to beckett when seasoned....

*translated from Hokkien*

"If say no bang wall, this idiot will never ripen" - Mr Quah Siew Kow.

• SRC Member

i'm attracted to your avatar more than ur statement.. nevertheless, it is still pretty funny... now, back to ur avatar.. nice "barnacles"... :P

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member

• SRC Member
i'm attracted to your avatar more than ur statement.. nevertheless, it is still pretty funny... now, back to ur avatar.. nice "barnacles"...  :P

:lol: Well it's a new model called 'Skimmer BUNS'...but not for the faint-hearted ! ;)