• TUNZE
    • AQUA MEDIC
    • EURO REEF

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

For me, HSA (high speed aeration) is the best. Most efficient in removing dirt. AquaC thought would be the best of the choices here is similar but much smaller and employs induction to create bubbles. HSA comes in much higher riser and much high flow rate.

But running cost higher la as they require pressure rated pump ranging from 1000gallon / hour or more.

Max.

How did you come up with an OEM rating for beckett skimmers? All beckett skimmers are based on the beckett foam fountainhead... there is no 'real' commercial beckett skimmer.... everyone of them is more or less a DIY'ed one. ;)

Hmm wonder why you guys did not choose euro- reef, h&S works almost the same way as the euro reef and i reckon is because h&s is more easily available(from our friendly lfs, SL :lol: :lol: :lol: ) and also most huge euro reef skimmer's foot print is way to large for our sump.

• 1 month later...

I guess most prefer H&S because it is so simple to set it up....a plug and play piece of equipment that provides quality results :lol:

AquaC is an excellent skimmer, but you got to get a very good pump and know hoe to tune it to work efficiently. I always hear guys over here trying to tune it...something to do witht he water level as well......

;)

• SRC Member

I guess everyone has a different opinion of which brand is cost effective and therefore better.

Let me ask the question in a different way. If money is no object, and you can spend as much as you want on a skimmer without making your house look like a giant protein skimmer. Which brand of protein skimmer will you go for?

1. H&S?

2. AquaC?

3. Euroreef?

4. Beckett or even dual Beckett?

5. Any others.

Thanks,

Patrick