Ricordeas Melting-Can cure?

CooL_anakin

They will get stressed if they are exposed to strong suddenly... you should try to put them under some place with little light first and slowly shift them out of the shade and in to the light... dipping into iodide solution will help...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• SRC Member

wat colour are the ric ??

brighter colour are often found near the surface whille the darker colour are found much deeper am i right other experiance reefer so i suggest that your ric to place near the tank bottom or shelter not under direct MH light

Selling big game fishing equipment. Stella 20k / 17k .. made in Japan jigging blue rose / kabuzu popping rod... pm for prices

I do have this problem when I am not careful.....normally ricordea florida are pretty hardy and should melt off. What happens is the frags are not exposed to such intensity lights in the LFS, when you shift it into your tank with full MH blasting..it could put the ric to shock...and the rest...you know.

Blue rics have lower resistance towards intense lights, the orange ones can withstand it better. ;)

shifting it to the sand bed and away from the MH will help. Dosing your regular provision of iodine may speed up the recovery as well....

I dun know much about rics. more of a trial and error thing...if woon ming logs in, he'll give you better advice. Afterall...he is Dr Shroom :lol::bow:

• SRC Member

If u are talking abt yumas.. Then i only could reply that certain types of yuma are found in deep water which are adjusted to low light. Thus i would say bright coloured yuma are sensitive .. Try placing them in a shady area..

It would also depends on ur water conditions and if there is also enough current flow..

Hope this helps.

Also once the mouth of the mushoorms starts to spilt open and spitting out white strings. From what i enounter itis almost as good as dead. :thanks:

• SRC Member

Hm... Mine are orange 1's i placed them on the sandbed but alivated by only a rock. As for spitting white tissues, i think presently don't have. Hope the situation wouldn't worsen.Thanks for all your feedbacks. I'll be careful from now onwards.=)