BLV lamp(DE)Germany

• SRC Member

hi guys... i thot of changing my bulb to blv 20k .. 150w have any guys use this bulb b4 and how's the performance.. will need to hear from those whom have use the bulb b4 i decide to buy .. thks..

• SRC Supporter
hi guys... i thot of changing my bulb to blv 20k .. 150w have any guys use this bulb b4 and how's the performance.. will need to hear from those whom have use the bulb b4 i decide to buy .. thks..

correct me if I'm wrong.... or simply too busy to get bothered...

But I dun think a 150W 20kk bulb is available from BLV..... :huh:

• SRC Member

It's avail but BLV dont make 20,000k. they make raduim I think It's a coloured bulb. according to BLV, they are unable to measure anthing above 14000k so they also do not know the exact color la. that's what I heard anyway.

The BLV product line dont state it as 20000k

Dont think it's a good ideal using only radium bulbs. cos they not as bright as 6500 or 10000k buld. they have a lower par value so might not be enough. should be used either in very high wattage or in combination. Found lotsa reefers in reef central using it in combination with 6500k bulbs.

• SRC Supporter

Yes they are avaliable. They are the same ones from the colorlite series. Some pple called it marine blue or blue bulb.

I've ordered one but been waiting for one until my hair almost turn white.

DE or SE??

Cos I'm lookin for a supply of SE Blue bulbs... currently with the Saki 20kk or so called blue bulb.... will need to replace them soon..... ;)

• SRC Member

hi frens.. what is the diff for DE and SE sorry .. cos i haven't use BLV before... beside BLV does anyone got a better suggestion for the 20k Bulb ... cos my tank is 30" deep guess only the 20k bulb can have the specturm to penetrate to that depth of my tank.. pls advise...

thks

• SRC Member

hi, is the set from Vi...n ? do they have uv shielded glass for the set?

I gotta feeling..Woo...hoo....That tonight's gonna be a good night.....That tonight's gonna be a good, good night!

• SRC Member

The housing is covered by a piece of tempered glass. That's the UV protection.

As for the price of T5 and MH, in the long term, MH is cheaper in terms of cheaper bulbs. Changing of 4 T5 tubes is more ex. But MH is hot so need chiller ( or at least big fan and putr higher). As for T5 if you have the same wattage, will also be hot. But not sure if as hot.

For a MH pendant cost alot but is use industial housing. cheaper then T5. So you much really give it thought as to what you need.

• SRC Member

hey guys .. pls read this

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?...l=victron&st=45

or this:

IMPT FOR BLV USERS!!!! Reply from BLV - ALL 10K bulbs - NOT UV-shielded!!!!

-----Original Message-----

Sent: 12 January 2004 20:21

To: PSD Group (E-Mail)

Subject: BLV DE 150 Watt - 10.000 K

Dear Mr. Norvin,

Thank you for your inquiry and your interest of our products.

All our standard products for 10.000 K are without UV-glass, the UV will be necessary for the Aquariums.

If you need for a special application 10.000 K - Lamps we are able to make a special production, but we need a minimum order quantity of 300 pcs.

We hope this information will be helpful for you, if you have any future questions please let me know.

Best regards

BLV Licht- und Vakuumtechnik GmbH

Gertraud Wagner

phone 0049 8094 906 142

fax 0049 8094 906 46 142

E-mail: gwagner@blv-licht.de

www.blv-licht.de

mydog.gif