New Acros Frag pics

• SRC Member

mv3i,

Those frags won't be ready until at least a year.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member
Rrobert, place your reef specs in the SPS reefers thread...

You will be remembered if there are frag trades/frag sales ....... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

And Spiff definitley have some good SPS....... ;)

Since I have no frag to trade. I'm willing to buy a frag.

Anyone selling a frag yet? I'll be first in the list to buy.

Unless you want trade with a rare blastomussa. :rolleyes:

Guys,

Before you get acros or sps for your tanks, I suggest you read up more on them. They are a very demanding species, and you have to cater for every aspect of care for them eg. good lighting, good water quality via skimming via low phosphate, no2 no3 etc, turbulent water circulation, high and consistent calcium, alk, ph etc.

Acros can RTN very easily... and could spread in an instant. It could take less than 30 minutes to see that your tank of SPS have turned into white skeletons.

• SRC Member

A comment on all the frags: They don't seem to have a growing axial corallite. Light insufficient in previous tank?

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

Great! That shows responsible reef-keeping and self-discipline! :)

You should have no problems later when it comes to SPS keeping next time...

and oops, I left out consistent (low) water temperatures in SPS tanks... so I hope you guys would have good chillers!

:)

A comment on all the frags: They don't seem to have a growing axial corallite. Light insufficient in previous tank?

Good point. Morgan's tank doesn't get consistent sunlight exposure.

With the new layout ie top shelve for frag growout... he should see new growth soon, I hope!

• SRC Member

Growing axial corallite????....

you are referring to new axial growth at the tips of main body which is normally different in colour from the rest of the body...

Mainly white in colour......right?

the main colony in previous owners reef are growing .......

• SRC Member

Looks like a fast grower. Should have lots of it to go around in 6 months time.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

• SRC Member

oh ... forgot to ask ... how big is your tank ??? .... was thinking of starting with 1 or 2 SPS frags and placing right at the top ... under the light source ... dunno will the SPS survive in the first place ???? let alone blossom !!! :lol: