Where to get LR ?

• SRC Member

Hi Kent kent,

Can say for sure the rock's not dangerous. Nothing's bitten me so far.. :peace: ..but I get quite grossed out with the worms.. :sick:

I chuck mine into a pail for a day or two, then use a toothbrush to clean off mud and silt, then put into the tank. Don't forget to keep the coralline. I'm new to this too..maybe someone else can better advice.. :whistle

• SRC Member

putting LR in a pail very dangerous...LR will turn bad!!!becos not enuf circulation and heat will build up within the pail itself :( resulting in all your micro organism present in your LR dead :o maximum..if u really really wan...u can only put a 12hrs

• SRC Member

in addition to PH...u need circulation on all surfaces of LR...PH on provide circulation for restricted areas on the LR....and PH will generate heat :nc::heh: maybe tat's y LFS put their LR in big containers wif lots of water movement :huh:

tat's wat i did previously...PH in an enlcosed pail...nearly lost the whole 30kg of LR!

• SRC Member

PHWOAR.. :shock:

I didn't put in 30kg lar..but 3kg..same concept I know..hmm..now I know why my pail water feels slightly warm after 24 hours.. :idea:

Anyways, not to worry anymore..I took it out last night already and put it in the main tank..I guess I'll just keep that in mind the next round of rock buying spree I go on. 12 hrs max..

I just sawed finish my pvc pipes so next few days will file it down and clean it. Once I add it to the tank all my rock will finally breathe easy.. *phew*