Rumour, you'll be delighted at this news...

Achilles Tang

:upsidedown: ... Thanks AT, that's indeed good news :)

Frankly, I'm not too hip to the idea of genetically modification as well.

Our genetic makeup took ages to develop ... simply put, result of evolution, years of trial and error ...

We push the boundaries of Science everyday, but how on Earth did we dream up the idea of playing God? :huh:

Anyway, here are some facts about Landmines:

Landmines murder and maim over 26,000 people a year.

Roughly 3 people every hour, 71 per day are injured or killed by landmines.

It costs $3 - $30 to purchase an Anti-personnel Landmine.

To remove a single mine could cost as much as $1000.

16 nations still produces landmines, eight are in Asia (Burma, China, India, North Korea, South Korea, Pakistan, Singapore*, and Vietnam), three are in Europe (Russia, Turkey, FR Yugoslavia), three are in the Middle East (Egypt, Iran, Iraq), and two are in the Americas (Cuba, US). There are no producers in Africa.

* Surprise ... surprise ... sad but true, its hard to sleep at night knowing some 10 year old kid in Cambodia while searching for scrap metal to exchange for food, was maimed by OUR mines :(

:upsidedown: ... Thanks AT, that's indeed good news :)

Frankly, I'm not too hip to the idea of genetically modification as well.

Our genetic makeup took ages to develop ... simply put, result of evolution, years of trial and error ...

We push the boundaries of Science everyday, but how on Earth did we dream up the idea of playing God? :huh:

Man has been playing God since the day we walked out of the Garden of Eden in shame. ;)

Hmmm... sounds like a good discussion topic!

GM stuff!!!

• SRC Member

Singapore produces the best mines in the world. Do you really think that the popular Italian mine Valmara 69 is actually made in Italy?

Singapore is an Ottawa Treaty country that continues to produce, stockpile mines and train it's troops in mine warfare but USA too so big deal. Warning to all who attempt to invade this country.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif