Leopard Wrasse FS

Maxima

• SRC Member

Fellow Reefers,

I've 1 dozen of beautiful Leopard Wrasse FS, came in yesterday by HC thru AIR. Anyone interested, do let me know, Selling at $8/each which is the market rate? All are around 2.5 inch. as per this morning, 3 of the wrasse is already feeding, will monitor for another 1~2 days.

For pictures, refer to http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_Di...d=21&pCatId=339

My crazy friend got this in for me for #$@*^%$&% reason, thinking my Tank is a Leopard's Den........... :P:P

Max

SMS: 9755-7784

Max, I'm interested in one!

More info on leopard wrasses here.

Interesting fish... I'm just slightly worried whether all the baby snails will be spared or not. :) And if my pod population will be enough because I have a mandarin and a scooter blenny too. Hmmm....

Well.... because its a sand burrower... it may disrupt a DSB's denitrication capability if it burrows too deep.

Which is why long ago... I placed a netting 3 inches deep in my 6 inch DSB. ;) Just in case... I do get a sandburrowing wrasse!

• SRC Member

Guys, I'll call you all up for collections once the fish is feeding on mrysis or BS and I'll take sometime to net it! BTW, it will be by sequence as per your confirmation. I do not have enough Leopard wrasse to go around, but those in the queue plse have patience...............I don't think you want a leopard that's not eating.

By the way, this fish like sand and wll burrow into first 1 inch of sand. BTW, you can do without sand as well, one of my system is currently on Berlin, not even a single gain of sand and my old leopards has been there for soemtime.

• SRC Member
Hi Max,

It will only burrow into 1st inche. Tat means I can keep it with my DSB (5")?

Cheers

I kept 1/2 dozen leopard wrasse in a classic berlin, not a single gain of sand. The oldest is 10mths in my tank. They end up sleeping/hiding in holes with LR. The skin of Leopard wrasse is poisionous, even my anemone & Nassarius Snails will not eat it. I've try using a dead leopard(from cyanide posioning) in the past to feed my anemone & snails, they don't even touch it!. Just becarefule of XXL lrge hairy crabs in your tank that will take a liking to leopard's meat and perish together after a good fat meal!

Max

• SRC Member

I kept 1/2 dozen leopard wrasse in a classic berlin, not a single gain of sand. The oldest is 10mths in my tank. They end up sleeping/hiding in holes with LR. The skin of Leopard wrasse is poisionous, even my anemone & Nassarius Snails will not eat it. I've try using a dead leopard(from cyanide posioning) in the past to feed my anemone & snails, they don't even touch it!. Just becarefule of XXL lrge hairy crabs in your tank that will take a liking to leopard's meat and perish together after a good fat meal!

Max

poisonous only when eaten right? So good to control crabs what.. :lol:

Why do we use "My 2 cents worth" when 1 cents are not legal tender in Singapore anymore? Shouldn't it be 5 cents worth?

"Its easier to blame the 'mantis' or crabs in the tank for missing & dead livestocks.."

http://arcanehacker.blogspot.com/

• SRC Member

poisonous only when eaten right? So good to control crabs what.. :lol:

Yes, that's why when these leopard are sleeping in the sand, not even your "friendly" XXL bristle worm will want to touch them. Else how do they survive in actual environment...............

Max