First time looking for Maid, need advices ....

JeffL

• SRC Member

hi guys, gonna get a maid for my household. Visited a few agencies last week and every agent has their own sets of pricing and rules claiming they are right or others are wrong... piangz! I didn't know this industry is so confusing, I thought there are rules regulating them?

any recommendation or advice that I can follow? the price range which I have received is too huge, some $500 - $2000+, how do I choose?

2 Feet Tank: (Decom Feb 2015)
-Lightings : Pharos LED light 90W with wireless controller
-Chiller : Arctica 1/10HP with H2Ocean Flow Pump 2000

-Wavemaker : Vortech MP10ES
-Skimmer : Bubble Magus NAC 3.5

-Return Pump : Eheim Compact 3000
-Reactor – TLF150 (Mod) with NP Biopellet
-Reactor – TLF150 with Rowaphos

• SRC Member

choosing a maid is like strike lottery. lucky ones first time get good maids... unlucky ones can try many times still kena the CMIs..

for the past 3 maids i had, i've always chosen transfer maids. this gives me the opportunity to talk to them face to face better than choosing from bio data. i realise that many of these 'rejected' maid are just mismatched with the household responsibility.

my current one, a 'reject' from another chinese family, has worked for me for 4 plus years.

as for the maid agency fee, there is no standard.. choose one you're comfortable with. expensive agent fee dont necessarily mean good maids.

btw, my current one from Java maid agency in Yio Chu Kang road. according to my maid, they are really responsible agents.

(click to see my tank thread)

Skimmer : Deltec SC2560

Chiller : Sanyo 1HP Compressor with copper coil

Lighting : Ecotech Radion XR30w x 3 + 5 ft ATI power module 4 tubes

Dosing - Bubble magnus 7 channel

Main pump - reef octopus 7000

FR : Skimz phosphate reactor + FR45 Biopellet reactor

Wavemaker - Vortech 3X MP40W + 1 x sun sun

• SRC Member

choosing a maid is like strike lottery. lucky ones first time get good maids... unlucky ones can try many times still kena the CMIs..

for the past 3 maids i had, i've always chosen transfer maids. this gives me the opportunity to talk to them face to face better than choosing from bio data. i realise that many of these 'rejected' maid are just mismatched with the household responsibility.

my current one, a 'reject' from another chinese family, has worked for me for 4 plus years.

as for the maid agency fee, there is no standard.. choose one you're comfortable with. expensive agent fee dont necessarily mean good maids.

btw, my current one from Java maid agency in Yio Chu Kang road. according to my maid, they are really responsible agents.

yes, I heard horrible stories on maids too, makes me darn sian looking out for one...

as for the maid agency fee, since there is no standard and it actually depends on your luck getting a good maid, I really find paying premium fees really not worth.

ok I haven't visit Java, will give it a try... thanks!

• SRC Member

lately there is an article in the ST. maybe u can search it out. majority still try to go round the new rule. end up, potential employer pay more.

would suggest u know ur rights as an employer and what are your risk. if u can solve ur needs without a maid will be the best solution. cos when u employ a maid, she brings along with her culture, habits life style etc etc. too much problem.

• SRC Member

lately there is an article in the ST. maybe u can search it out. majority still try to go round the new rule. end up, potential employer pay more.

would suggest u know ur rights as an employer and what are your risk. if u can solve ur needs without a maid will be the best solution. cos when u employ a maid, she brings along with her culture, habits life style etc etc. too much problem.

I didn't find that article but I guess you are right. With the new rule of 4 days off, most will rather pay extra for the maid to forget about it, in the end we pay more...

increased levy, increased salary, increased off days payments, increased alot of things!!

To be honest I seldom heard good maids around, really need to be darn lucky. Need to adjust my expectations

• SRC Member

Java maid agency has only Indo maids?