dust particles

• SRC Member

I have a sump with Coral Chips and also running Canister...but there are still lots of floating particles in the tank...dun things Canister can do miracle.

I dun really bother about the "things" floating...as long the NO3 is 0, PH is 8.3 and water is clean n not "milky", who care abt those things...

If you really want to clear, change water and stop the water/pump flow for a couple of days and the "things" will subside onto your sandbed.

• SRC Member

My problem is kind of solved. After I modified the sump a little, so that water overflow onto 2 layers of cotton wool before it is being further processed in the sump.

Within 1 day, the two pieces of cotton wool turned dark brown in color. The good news is that I do see that the floating debris has significantly reduced. The trick is that the cotton wool should not be submerse in water. The water should only "waterfall" on to the cotton wool, which is above the water level.

Thanks everyone for help.