4 Feet or Less PVC Frame?

flubberina13

• SRC Member

drill the PVC pipe, then cable tie it.... I believe some people drill their pipes here and there just to allow some water to pass through.. not too sure about this but I did it none the less..

One thing though, it's easy to cover the top of the eggcrates but I have a horrible time trying to cover the sides.. how do you guys do it?

• SRC Member
drill the PVC pipe, then cable tie it.... I believe some people drill their pipes here and there just to allow some water to pass through.. not too sure about this but I did it none the less..

One thing though, it's easy to cover the top of the eggcrates but I have a horrible time trying to cover the sides.. how do you guys do it?

me use gule to stick the side of the pipe and those small areas with coral chips :D

Selling big game fishing equipment. Stella 20k / 17k .. made in Japan jigging blue rose / kabuzu popping rod... pm for prices

If you can't hide the PVC pipes by propping up LR against them... you can buy cloth-based velcro and superglue one side to the sides of your PVC tubes... and superglue the other side on to thin flat light LR and attach the two parts together... they'll stay together... even vertically.

Don't get velcro with double-sided tape!

;)

• SRC Supporter

Flubb,

If you are intending to build racks out of PVCs, do ensure that the base is properly supported so that the entire rock structure weight is spread out evenly onto the glass bottom of your reef......

• SRC Supporter

another issue....

Pls ensure that trapped air in your pipings have outlets to escape or else you are gonna have a floating rock structure ....... :rolleyes:

Sunny, the idea for gluing bits of coral chips to the structure sounds pretty good.....

I'm also thinking of building a structure for rockwall, but will be using a mixture of portland cement to grade 0 sand for DIYed rock structure.....

Maybe can try shaping the wet cement onto the PVC pipings and coating then with a layer of grade 1 sand, therefore creating texture and shapes that are more naturally looking.... :eyebrow:

• SRC Member

""Maybe can try shaping the wet cement onto the PVC pipings and coating then with a layer of grade 1 sand, therefore creating texture and shapes that are more naturally looking.... """

why dont we mix the grade 1 and 0 sand with PVA glue to form a sand paste den coat to the piping from there layer by layer we can form any shape we like etc caves overhanging rocks

do u think i will works??? the problem is that i scare the wave that we create will create erosion on the sand paste

Selling big game fishing equipment. Stella 20k / 17k .. made in Japan jigging blue rose / kabuzu popping rod... pm for prices

• SRC Supporter

DIYed rocks are basically made by the method mentioned earlier...

using the ratio of 1 part cement to either 4-6 parts sand....

only issue with such would be the curing time for the rocks....

but other than that, the process is pretty easy .....

Besides getting the shape desired would be pretty easy through shaping compared with applications by layers....

the part about the mixture of PVC glue and sand sounds "sticky" :P

• SRC Member

DIYed rocks are basically made by the method mentioned earlier...

using the ratio of 1 part cement to either 4-6 parts sand....

and dont forget to add some coral chips in it also i agree the curing part takes months to do it for me

• SRC Member
If you can't hide the PVC pipes by propping up LR against them... you can buy cloth-based velcro and superglue one side to the sides of your PVC tubes... and superglue the other side on to thin flat light LR and attach the two parts together... they'll stay together... even vertically.

Don't get velcro with double-sided tape!

;)

That's a great idea!... might go and try it.. just worried that the velcro might not glue well enough to the rock...

• SRC Member
How much is a pipe cutter? :bow:

Thanks...Sunny and Sharkbait...

Got my pipe cutter at S$10.00 and it is really so much better than the saw... :yeah:

So on my way to do the structure this week hopefully... :)