ryz's new 3 feet tank

ryz

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

Sera test kit shows that Ca level = 440 mg calcium per litre... does this mean 440 ppm?? I guess it does... right?

Nutrafin pH test kit shows that pH is between 8.0 to 8.5

Ai.M swinging arm hydrometer shows that salinity = 1.0245(inbetween 1.024 and 1.025)

Seachem Ammonia test shows that Ammonia = undetectable

Live and Let Live

• SRC Member

AHH!!! My Teardrop maxima is dead!! Just got it yesterday only!!! was gaping a bit but was still responsive.. today it's dead!! Totally non responsive to light changes.. even to touch!! WTF... damn sad... Money wasted.. :( :( :(:( :( :(:( :( :(:( :(

My clove polyps colony that I also got yesterday is doing well though...

Live and Let Live

I suspect that shipment' s clam got problem...bought one last week, gone within 3 days also....IMO...avoid getting those clams...too risky and pricey...

I bought another from T9* , very healthy and doing well in my tank almost 1 week liaoz ;)

• SRC Member

sigh~... looked very good there... sudden change in light intensity shouldn't kill it lah.. SIgh~ was quite a nice piece! Golden teardrops. when I went to t95 they only had a gigantic 9" maxima left... 60 bucks.. very worth it.. quite beautiful but was short of cash so I passed.. ahh... now Sianz.. no money to go out with gf... no teardrop maxima...

Please Donate to the RYFF(Raymond Yang Food Fund)

Live and Let Live

sigh~... looked very good there... sudden change in light intensity shouldn't kill it lah.. SIgh~ was quite a nice piece! Golden teardrops. when I went to t95 they only had a gigantic 9" maxima left... 60 bucks.. very worth it.. quite beautiful but was short of cash so I passed.. ahh... now Sianz.. no money to go out with gf... no teardrop maxima...

Please Donate to the RYFF(Raymond Yang Food Fund)

:( sad to hear about that too.. :(:( save up more now...haha...no $$ to spend for GF arhh...sell me your MH larh...hahha.. RYFF :lol::lol::lol::lol:

• SRC Member

OK, Got 6 purple queens from BioOcean today... impulsive huh...Severely overstock my tank already.. thInk I'll stop buying fishes.. haha... maybe remove one of my tangs...

Upgrading my skimmer really soon.

BTW tested my NO3 with the new Prodac Test kit from italy,

My NO3 is a scary 15 - 25mg/l!!! OMG... does that mean 15ppm to 25ppm??

Live and Let Live

Nope.. they come out, look look see see.. then go in again.. many times... haha... maybe I wait a few days for them to settle down first.. hopefully they'll feed well.

Ah that i am afraid you gonna lose many o that PQ....... din you know that PQ are notoriously hard to feed... they will even reject cyclopeeze or zooplankton(anthias food in the wild :blink::blink: ), food that most other anthias will find difficult to resist.. Hope you learn the lesson that onje should only buy PQ if they are eating ;););)

• SRC Member

Ah that i am afraid you gonna lose many o that PQ....... din you know that PQ are notoriously hard to feed... they will even reject cyclopeeze or zooplankton(anthias food in the wild :blink::blink: ), food that most other anthias will find difficult to resist.. Hope you learn the lesson that onje should only buy PQ if they are eating ;););)

nowander PQ very cheap. If that's da case i thnk they should better be left in the ocean. but hu knows, his PQ will eat like pigs!!! :yeah:

gd luck bro!

nowander PQ very cheap. If that's da case i thnk they should better be left in the ocean. but hu knows, his PQ will eat like pigs!!! :yeah:

gd luck bro!

Till now haven seen a group of PQ that eats like pig but i have seen many which looks very undernourished :lol::lol::lol: yeah these are beautiful fishes but wwe better leave them to mother nature

• SRC Member

Pls pls pls pls pls pls pls pls PLS..... my dispar anthias didn't feed till 3-4 days after I introduced them to my tank... and even then, they ate sparingly... Now, once accustomed to the tank, they are eating like pigs... I do know that PQs are hard to feed and many ppl dun have success with them.. PLease do not stigmatise them... Saying that I'm gonna lose many of them just because they dun rush for food on the first day is just downright wrong.. Uneducated prediction, obviously not thought about it properly prior to your hasty remark which has no basis whatsoever..

I'm not saying that I am confident of keeping them alive, just that it was too presumptious of you to say many would die... Really dampens my spirits... Such negative remarks really lowers my morale man... No need to make me feel bad.. MAN!...

pfft.... <_<

Live and Let Live