ryz's new 3 feet tank

ryz

• SRC Member

making significant progress.. polyps opening up, and getting fleshier

was sunken and not opening in the previous owner's tank... Hope will do as well as my other cup(got from the same reefer) ASAP.

post-34-1087120572.jpg

Live and Let Live

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

lol yea figured that they are too close together... might shift the cup but then again, maybe not... pushing my luck?? lol I wait a few days and see how it goes loh... Doesn't seem to be stinging it as of yet.... In the picture the torch is in full bloom and not singing the cup... I hope it remeains that way :P

Live and Let Live

• SRC Member

left pic fully bloom, right pic partially bloom

lol I took two pics, I disturb the torch to make it retract it's tentacles... the actual skeleton is actually quite far from the coral but the polyps come close... I'll monitor it closely see whether it touches the coral, but when fully bloomed still quite far from it lah... dunreally wanna move the torch as it is a perfect location for it! perfect fit between two rock :lol:

The current there isn't as stromg as the previous location so it's long long sweeper tantacles sorta shortened :lol:

Will monitor them closely. probably shift it after it recovers fully.

oh and when the tentacles are fully expanded there's still like 8 cm of space between them... in the pic cannot tell because of depth difference :lol:

post-34-1087122225.jpg

Live and Let Live

Cup corals are actually one of the more sensitive MPS (medium polyped stony corals? :lol: ) If their polyps are not extended there is something very wrong with your water parameters.

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

• SRC Member
Cup corals are actually one of the more sensitive MPS (medium polyped stony corals? :lol: ) If their polyps are not extended there is something very wrong with your water parameters.

I have 2 cup corals. One is at one end of the tank and is in full blossom and the other one on the other side of the tank is not opening fully.

I think have to change water on 1 half of my tank. lol

Joke aside, Bro Ryz, what do you feed your cup coral and how often??

• SRC Member

Thanks. AP! if u see a nice cup help me buy first hor! will buy from u...

I used to squirt cyclops into their polyps but felt that it was too inefficient. now I mash up small pieces of Market prawns and put into their polyps...

anyway I washed my skimemr collection cup today.

here it is working before cleaning. producing KopiO

post-34-1087384315.jpg

Live and Let Live

• SRC Member

Yea. I know.. but very nice clam lah.. If I didn't have my bubble maybe... hahahahhaha u go find lah.. sometimes bio ocean has some really nice clams just tt ppl overlook them...

here's my bubble opening up well after some TLC.

post-34-1087571013.jpg

Live and Let Live

• SRC Member

bubble opening bigger and bigger. now all the bubbles big big! not like in the pic some big some small.. but my DC spoil :(:cry: will ask my dad to get a new one. If he obliges that is :(:cry:

Live and Let Live