ryz's new 3 feet tank

ryz

• SRC Member

think I will stuff the nori later when lights are off so I dun stress them too much... it comes out but once I'm near the tank or make too big movements it retreats... It is out most of the time now... Will try to zoom in a lot and post pics later...

Live and Let Live

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you can do a few things to entice it to eat.

1) take out a piece of liverock. soak the nori in garlic. lay it on the liverock, and allow the liverock to bake in the sun. when the rock is dried of water, the nori will also be dried of water. and in this form, it'll be stucked onto the liverock itself. put it back into the tank. *learnt this from some one...weileong I think. not too sure*

2) if you have frozen mysis shrimps or brine shrimps, defrost the shrimps and use the water to soak into the nori seaweed. surely will entice the fishes with the fishy smell generated by the defrosted water.

3) soak it in garlic, cut it into small pieces, and flood your water with it.

that was how I got ALL my tangs to eat seaweed. now they'll automatically go to the red clips to get the un-soaked seaweed.

• SRC Member
you can do a few things to entice it to eat.

1) take out a piece of liverock. soak the nori in garlic. lay it on the liverock, and allow the liverock to bake in the sun. when the rock is dried of water, the nori will also be dried of water. and in this form, it'll be stucked onto the liverock itself. put it back into the tank. *learnt this from some one...weileong I think. not too sure*

2) if you have frozen mysis shrimps or brine shrimps, defrost the shrimps and use the water to soak into the nori seaweed. surely will entice the fishes with the fishy smell generated by the defrosted water.

3) soak it in garlic, cut it into small pieces, and flood your water with it.

that was how I got ALL my tangs to eat seaweed. now they'll automatically go to the red clips to get the un-soaked seaweed.

wow bro... must try also :D:thanks:

• SRC Member

mixed cubes of mysis, some nori and freeze dried cyclops and fed it to my tank... Both my YT and Ctenochaetus Striatus(finally identified it) eating liao... YT, besides loving pellets, it also gets really excited by nori and mysis... Ctenochaetus not keen on nori but eating mysis and pellets... :D yay

here's a pic of how my ctenochaetus really looks like... got it off the net as mine damn difficult to photograph.. this pic cannot see the blue lining on the pectoral fin..

post-34-1085931741.jpg

Live and Let Live

• SRC Member
mixed cubes of mysis, some nori and freeze dried cyclops and fed it to my tank... Both my YT and Ctenochaetus Striatus(finally identified it) eating liao... YT, besides loving pellets, it also gets really excited by nori and mysis... Ctenochaetus not keen on nori but eating mysis and pellets... :D yay

here's a pic of how my ctenochaetus really looks like... got it off the net as mine damn difficult to photograph.. this pic cannot see the blue lining on the pectoral fin..

u hit jackpot bro ;) unlike me <_<

• SRC Member
wahahaha... try to flood ur tank with strong smelling food lah... like mysis soaked in garlic plus cyclops... sure to entice mah...

things to buy tmr... cyclopeeze.... food enticer by seachem.... rock of algae... mysis... bbs... sigh.... more money on food and less on corals <_< but my kole is worth it!!!! :D

• SRC Member

a frag I got off Glare when I bought the hammer... Showing signs of growth so fast already??? WTF... colour seems to be more intense also... when I first got it it was rather brown... under actinics

can see the stubs growing out of the side? growing!! wow... so fast... colouring up also...

post-34-1085993776.jpg

Live and Let Live

• SRC Member

ahaha... will get some epoxy tomorrow to epoxy it down... can someone teach me how to use epoxy? my bro had some leftover but seems too wet and sticky for me to use my hands and knead... how u all do it?

Live and Let Live

a frag I got off Glare when I bought the hammer... Showing signs of growth so fast already??? WTF... colour seems to be more intense also... when I first got it it was rather brown... under actinics

can see the stubs growing out of the side? growing!! wow... so fast... colouring up also...

Its not even encrusted.. How to show sign of growth ;);)

nope... Just on lights thays why still closed... on actinics for 30 mins already but MH just on.

I never say your coral is close.. i just say that current is very weak thus slagging downwards............ notice some of the lps are bleach

• SRC Member

huh? maybe I never on the powerhead.. sometimes I off it during feeding.. yea the frogspawn at the top bleached.. expelled zooxanthellae algae. dunnow whether I stressed it too much when rescaping or it was somethign else. you can see that my fungia at the top also receeding... dropped on my bubble below...

Live and Let Live

• SRC Member
huh? maybe I never on the powerhead.. sometimes I off it during feeding.. yea the frogspawn at the top bleached.. expelled zooxanthellae algae. dunnow whether I stressed it too much when rescaping or it was somethign else.

bro hows ur bristletooth? ;) eating?