ryz's new 3 feet tank

ryz

• SRC Member

I came back home today with 2 tangs!!! haha... one Yellow tang and one Bristle-Tooth tang(genus Ctenochaetus not the yellow eyed kind though)!!

both 2.5 inch only!! very cute!!

Too bad DC not with me... think by tomorrow or the day after my dad should be back from his business trip with my DC... will post pics then...

Was tempted to buy the cute clown tang and scopas also but decided against it. selling quite cheap man... my gf told me to buyt scopas since it's only $4!! but already bought the YT by then... :P

Live and Let Live

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
I came back home today with 2 tangs!!! haha... one Yellow tang and one Bristle-Tooth tang(genus Ctenochaetus not the yellow eyed kind though)!!

both 2.5 inch only!! very cute!!

Too bad DC not with me... think by tomorrow or the day after my dad should be back from his business trip with my DC... will post pics then...

Was tempted to buy the cute clown tang and scopas also but decided against it. selling quite cheap man... my gf told me to buyt scopas since it's only $4!! but already bought the YT by then... :P

bro.... so many tangs???? wait become like me.... my peak was 5 then started selling them away ;)

• SRC Member

yea... but small small one.. 2 to 2.5 inch... dunno will get bullied by my Blue tang or not... now they still in my refugium in my sump... Tempted to get clown tang man

Live and Let Live

• SRC Member

kind of emotionally attached to it liao leh... I hand feed it with vege leh.. haha.. been thru hard times with it.. fought off ich with it... can't bear to part with it leh... but it's really getting real big... around 5 inch++ now man...

Live and Let Live

• SRC Member
kind of emotionally attached to it liao leh... I hand feed it with vege leh.. haha.. been thru hard times with it.. fought off ich with it... can't bear to part with it leh... but it's really getting real big... around 5 inch++ now man...

little babies always grow fast :D

• SRC Member
:( look at it again really seems very big... the stomach like pregnant man... fat fat... everyday also eat untill like that of course grow fast... think I should control it's food... you think if I introduce the yellow tang and ctenochaetus tang into the main tank they will get whacked by the Blue tang?? size difference is very great... blue tang around 5 inch they only 2.5 inch.

Live and Let Live

• SRC Member
:( look at it again really seems very big... the stomach like pregnant man... fat fat... everyday also eat untill like that of course grow fast... think I should control it's food... you think if I introduce the yellow tang and ctenochaetus tang into the main tank they will get whacked by the Blue tang?? size difference is very great... blue tang around 5 inch they only 2.5 inch.

my yt kena wacked by all my tangs :( then :cry: nw all my tangs out except for the tiny bt...... that tiny one showed some aggresion to my kole but nw their fine.... and their size difference is slightly bigger only :erm: better watch out for ur big bt..... MIGHT be agrssive as its been in there alone for quite some time

• SRC Member

wah scared man... later my YT die den I sianz... anyway both the tangs in the sump are eating vegetables already... YT eating pellets also... YT seems to be damn excited when there are pellets in the water.. haha eating eating... shoudl I give it a try? damn... I thought Blue tang and yellow tang so different wun fight.. now hear this I sianz... any expert please verify... Is this common or one off case?

Live and Let Live

• SRC Member
wah scared man... later my YT die den I sianz... anyway both the tangs in the sump are eating vegetables already... YT eating pellets also... YT seems to be damn excited when there are pellets in the water.. haha eating eating... shoudl I give it a try? damn... I thought Blue tang and yellow tang so different wun fight.. now hear this I sianz... any expert please verify... Is this common or one off case?

bro ur bristle tooth also eating pallets? :yeah: mine kole still doesnt take my food :(

• SRC Member

bro ur bristle tooth also eating pallets? :yeah: mine kole still doesnt take my food :(

bro is yours pecking at LR and stuff?? Check if it's mouth is damaged... once damaged it is almost certainly doomed...

Live and Let Live

• SRC Member

I haven't checked whether mine has mouth problem... scared leh... but if it's pecking at the glass and all the mouth should be ok right?? AP you got any bristle-tooths? mouth damaged?? how to coax it to eat pellets and mysis?? or is it a strict vegetarian?

Live and Let Live

• SRC Member
I haven't checked whether mine has mouth problem... scared leh... but if it's pecking at the glass and all the mouth should be ok right?? AP you got any bristle-tooths? mouth damaged?? how to coax it to eat pellets and mysis?? or is it a strict vegetarian?

no....I don't have bristletooth at the moment but use to have problem with them once their mouth get damaged by either dashing into LR too fast or sometimes being picked on by other fish in the tank.

Normally the bristletooth I've kept before will copy what the others are doing when pellet food is thrown in because they are quite use to feeding on algae alone and difficult to feed them on just pellet only. They will take in live brine shrimp also because too tempting to resist...... :)

• SRC Member
I see... I hope everything goes well with mine man.. is the mouth damage very obvious or is it hard to see sometimes? I worry it might not eat.

bristletooth's mouth is very clearly visible once it's damaged and the infection starts to eat over the mouth area if not treated quickly and the fish goes around with a gaping open mouth thats unable to feed. If there is no sign of damage should be ok...... :D

• SRC Member

Released the two tangs into the main tank today.. after keeping them overnight in the refugium.. Yellow tang already fighting with BT for pellets... the bristle tooth keep pecking here and there... dunnow what to feed. should I get red bamboo to feed them or maiden's hair algae(turtle whip??)?? what do you ppl feed your bristle-tooths?

Live and Let Live

• SRC Member
Released the two tangs into the main tank today.. after keeping them overnight in the refugium.. Yellow tang already fighting with BT for pellets... the bristle tooth keep pecking here and there... dunnow what to feed. should I get red bamboo to feed them or maiden's hair algae(turtle whip??)?? what do you ppl feed your bristle-tooths?

bro i realised my bristle tooth only take what is on the LR.... it wont take anyting floating...... so what i did was stuff nori in between the LR and let it graze.....

:D i want pics!!!! :yeah:

• SRC Member

patience little one... hahahhaha

dunno whether mine is ctenochaetus binotatus or striatus... quite shy now hard to take pics... You kole take thenori inbetween the LR?? think best is to buy red bamboo or some other macroalgae let it graze you wanna get? :D

BTW got the hammer from Glare already and he gave me a free staghorn frag... place it high up and hope I can see growth... just trying a frag of SPS...

Live and Let Live