ryz's new 3 feet tank

ryz

• SRC Member
I DIYed a 3 feet FL light for my tank... using daylight 30W bulb... it's surprisingly bright!!! and I thought of using it as a moonlight!!

can't post pics cause cam is with my dad... overseas now... thinking of getting actinic tube... anyone selling? 3 feet one..

diy??? i thought u havin exam??? still got time to diy ar?? :lol::D:lol:

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep. Normal output fluorescents are quite bright esp when they are around the 6500K range. My tank used to be sustained on those lights. But T5s rock more. So much so that my mushies got 'light-stressed' ;)

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

• SRC Member

Went Pasir Ris Fish farming today...

this is what I bought:

1 Powder blue tang(4.5inch)

3 Cleaner Shrimps

2 Cleaner Wrasse (regret buying two man... fighting like F*** after I release into tank.... sigh~)

Powder blue not eating mysis or pellets yet... any ideas to entice it to feed?

Live and Let Live

• SRC Member
Went Pasir Ris Fish farming today...

this is what I bought:

1 Powder blue tang(4.5inch)

3 Cleaner Shrimps

2 Cleaner Wrasse (regret buying two man... fighting like F*** after I release into tank.... sigh~)

Powder blue not eating mysis or pellets yet... any ideas to entice it to feed?

it hought u still exam???? :lol: ur cleaners fighting? ;) nvr occoured to me b4 :unsure:

• SRC Member

yea... but uncle offered to bring me to fish farm lah... so hard to refuse... haha... anyway Powder Blue had ich before I bought it... darn... Never look carefully at Iwarna. only realise when I was in the car... Looking for reefsafe ich medication..

The cleaner wrasse fight darn aggressively... fins tattered... now both hiding... probably will die I think... If nv fight got good chance of survival man... was eating mysis...

Live and Let Live

• SRC Member

Cleaner wrasse came out again... both swimming around happly... even cleaned my arm when I was scaping!! fascinating..

Might get Waterlife Octozin to cure my PBT's ich... apprehensive though... dunno if it's safe with clams around.

Live and Let Live

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

anyway, my PBT doesn't take pellets like my Regal tang does... It only takes Mysis... Will PBTs eventually get weaned to pellets?? how to wean them?? or is it even possible? preparing and feeding mysis shrimps is very tedious. I also find that mysis is quite and inefficient food source... What else do you all reccomend I feed it??

Live and Let Live

• SRC Member
what?? I haven't bought anything for the past week!!!

pfftt... whatever.... *rolls eyes*

how come I never see you post updates on your tank???

omg... :o

you think a week is long? :huh:

sigh...

• SRC Member
anyway, my PBT doesn't take pellets like my Regal tang does... It only takes Mysis... Will PBTs eventually get weaned to pellets?? how to wean them?? or is it even possible? preparing and feeding mysis shrimps is very tedious. I also find that mysis is quite and inefficient food source... What else do you all reccomend I feed it??

heard abt monkey see monkey do? :rolleyes:

• SRC Member

bro, try feeding them with brineshrimp, frozen or alive, soak in garlic, they will take it. or try those vege(shen cai) or nori, these are the food they may take. just my suggestion and observation. too bad, they are a very ICHY fish to take care of..

Everything's sold. Back in 2yrs time.

ga051025.gif

If it's a WRX, it gotta be STI.

av-24.gif

• SRC Member

bubble_gum: NO use lah... my PBT see my Regal tang rush for pellets so many times... and even now, when pelles float bu his mouth he ignores it!!! haha It loves mysis though

Ancelot: No problem bro! ;)

Astroboi: Brine Shrimp worst leh, less inefficient food source... so small...a nd it's low in protein content when compared to mysis... I tried those chinese soup seaweed but I hasn't taken it yet... My Regal tang loves it at first but now also ignores the seaweed already... I haven't tried those vegetables though...

Live and Let Live

• SRC Member

know this is a lousy shot.... but u know my tangs are darn difficult to photograph?! Especially with my lousy camera... Did the best I could! haha... Will try to take closeup in next few days...

post-34-1083860673.jpg

Live and Let Live