ryz's new 3 feet tank

ryz

• SRC Member
wah go shopping hah? eh u have a powder brown rite? is it hardier than powder blue???

aiyo paiseh :paiseh: thought u bought new clams... my mum bought me a powder brown today!!! :D but she dumped it in my 2footer :angry: was supposed to go to the 3ft by 2ft by1.5ft in the hall <_< now my tank no peace... used to be so quient n teraputic :angel:

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

Transfer it to your 3 Footer man.. Powder blue nice eh? haha... both Powder Blue and Powder Brown, without hostility and Ich, should be quite hardy.. good luck man..

Live and Let Live

• SRC Member

If they dun have ich in the first place and your tank has no ich, they won't get ich... but if somehow ich is introduced to ur tank, they might get ich when stressed.. When I said without hostility I meant from other tangs or inhabitants.. if they always get disturbed by other territorial fishes, they'll get stressed and thus increase chances of getting ich mah.

Live and Let Live

• SRC Member

Ryz, i think your MIA fishes should be because of your mantis shrimp. they are ultra super hardy and powerful predators.. not surprising to find losses with that ^*^*^@*&^*^@*%(** shrimp around..

TIME TO TAKE IT OUT!

anyway nice tank you got there!

• SRC Member

Ancelot: rockscape too elaborate to get the mantis out... dun even know which rock it's burrow is on.. if I really wanna get it out I'd have to remove all the rocks and soak in freshwater or super saline water

tineng: thats a blue sea fan (gorgonian)

nutx: got it from another reefer...

Live and Let Live

• SRC Member

cannot trap.. shrimps cannot trap one... hyposalinity cannot force it out.. must soak in super salty water... will force all the crabs out too.. but bro, my tank not like yours leh, mine so much rocks... probably wun do it man...

Live and Let Live

• SRC Member

Hey ryz, sorry to hear your losses...good idea to hold on to your purchase of fishes..however, if after some time your existing fishes are still around...then possibly it wasnt just the mantis doing the killing...or you would have a starving mantis B)

• SRC Member

yea... had an outbreak of ich too.. but no carcasses or ammonia/nitrite spike.. so I'm thinking they prolly got eaten up by crabs or mantis... I'm quite sure I have a mantis though... Here Loud clicks... So loud that I fear my tank may shatter.

Live and Let Live

• SRC Member
yea... had an outbreak of ich too.. but no carcasses or ammonia/nitrite spike.. so I'm thinking they prolly got eaten up by crabs or mantis... I'm quite sure I have a mantis though... Here Loud clicks... So loud that I fear my tank may shatter.

sure nt pistol shrimp? ;) eh i do see lots of potential frags in ur tank :P cant wait to c it tml :lol:

• SRC Member

pistol shrimp so strong meh? U should hear the clicks man... friggin loud and piercing... where got potential frags?? All cannot frag one lah... If can I also wun frag as of yet :P.

Live and Let Live

see which hole the bugger lives in then use 2-part epoxy to seal the hole.

I successfully got rid of one small mantis this way. Somemore that rock is at the base, impossible to remove w/o stripping my rock work :P

I know I was successful because I don't hear any loud "kicking" noise at night already.