Cuke will Nuke?

• SRC Member

I understand some of us like AT keep cucumbers? I saw the black one (the sand sifting type) in an LFS today and I tot its pretty cool! i also knew that cukes can nuke but tot that this black one is harmless...but according to the owner, it seems that all cukes are potentially dangerous ie. if water parameters no good, they get stressed, they nuke...is this true?

i had always tot the colorful ones are poisonous but not the black ones... oh and i heard the LFS trying to bring in similar cukes that are black, red, yellow...... :rolleyes:

Get Paid To Read Emails. Free To Join Now!

http://www.emailcashpro.com/?r=okdk11

Only get the black ones which are reef-safe. I haven't seen tigertail cukes in Singapore yet.

The rest are risky. A hint in nature observation: the more colourful the species, the more there is a good reason why it is so: To warn off potential predators... ie. I AM POISONOUS!!!

The black cukes are sand-sifters so they are good. The rest will climb glass walls and rocks and feed off drifting detritus etc.

Don't get too many cukes as your sand bed may not support all the food they require. And don't worry... they won't harm your pods either.

AT