anyone using tunze TURBELLE® stream

andysho

• SRC Member

Lots of difference dude. Streams are elctronically speed control and when used when the controller, it can perform as a wavemaker. output of the streams is tremendous in terms of l/hr (6100 can move 12000L/Hr). Also the jet of water resulting from a stream pump is diffused and wide and not directed and 'sharp' as from a powerhead. I am sure there are alot more positive points to it.. and the rest of the guys will fill u in. :)

Andy... pls post QUESTIONS about equipment here and NOT in the Product Review Forum. If unclear... read this.

Anyway.. here's Tanzy's REVIEW on the Tunze Streams found in the REVIEW forum.

$229 is'nt really expensive..considering it can last you for maybe your entire reef-keeping life....and even if sold 2nd hand it still has alot of value...And with that price...it's about the price of 4-6 acro colonies...very reasonable in the long run if you ask me....

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

• SRC Member

You will need two Stream 6000 because you can't run the pumps at full blast in your tank. The 6000 allows you to decrease the output with the controller. With one pump on each side alternating, it should provide sufficient water movement for your tank.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member
You will need two Stream 6000 because you can't run the pumps at full blast in your tank. The 6000 allows you to decrease the output with the controller. With one pump on each side alternating, it should provide sufficient water movement for your tank.

that will cost up to 1k sia

any other way to provide good current in my tank

my 2 feet cube tank will have overflow comparment in the centre

of the tank with 2 oct... outflow pipe~~~~

can i add powerhead, where to place those powerheads ..if can..do i need to buy a wave controller

also ...