Adding another MH

DeepBlue

I am currently thinking of either changing my MH or adding one on the side for my sps, not for whole tank. (I already have my Azoo 4FT 150w MH. ) - dun wan to give it up if possible.

I am think of getting one to add at the side...would this be ok if I put it this way????

I am a DIY and tec dodo....so appreciate the advice :lol:

post-17-1074427417.jpg

• SRC Member

Would it be better to put the 250w on the other side?

You will cover most of the reef slope, rather than just the top of your reef.

Alternatively, mount another 150 or 250 set next to your Azoo. You will lose somelight spread, but will get double barrel power directly under the MH. Thats what I'm doing.

cheers

• SRC Member

the present location u mentioned will give u coverage on the top but as for the rest of the light's path will be casted onto ur floor. As wat Riot mentioned, having it at th efront would b better but u will lose out abit of light on the top and back. And the worst part is...pretty unsightly to have somethin potrudin at the top of the tank at the front. :pinch:

post-34-1094181419.jpg

There are 2 types of person, those that chose learn n do it rite the first time and those tat chose to learn it the hard way.

Best to have both pendants side by side then... or you can consider a row of T5s for the back... being above a reefslope... it will give any SPS corals ample light.

You'll have a slim profile then.

• SRC Member

Push the Azoo to the front and change to 20kk bulbs, and run another 2X 250w 6.5k at the back. Best thing is that you can run the 6.5ks when you are not at home for max growth, then double power with the 20kks for personal viewing.

hey, sounds familiar yeah, AT ? ;)

Thanks guys...will go think again....

I am only going to isolate all my sps on the top right corner of my tank, so I'm only using a SE for that side. the rest will still be getting my 150W light.

what if I put in it a box with the spier reflector and place it inside ??

(I will only consider redoing the whole cabinet top and changing all my lights if they do well under that 250W. I know light is but a portion I need to provide for the SPS to do well, want to invest only if I have some success....)

post-17-1074437924.jpg

Thanks a million... pmed you...

Really like to thank all bros for offering help and advice.

It times like this I feel SRC is definitely a great place to hang ard, we have many helpful bros like sharkbait, alan, calciumreef, DrEvil ... who has volunteered to help me....

Really tooooouch!!! :D:D:thanks::thanks:

• Sponsor
Thanks a million... pmed you...

Really like to thank all bros for offering help and advice.

It times like this I feel SRC is definitely a great place to hang ard, we have many helpful bros like sharkbait, alan, calciumreef, DrEvil ... who has volunteered to help me....

Really touch!!! :D:D:thanks::thanks:

im touched...... :paiseh:

• Sponsor
:lol::lol: Thanks for helping....see you this evening!!!

workshop!!!! would love to see your tank again and the H&S 850l in action :lol::lol:

house in a mess.........fixing up a hood with a 250watt now....and a single 150watt MH.......

c u than....all rushing b4 CNY..... :lol:

actually I have time to do it after new year......I am hoping to set up a temp one for the meantime..hate to see the sps turn brown because of insufficient intensity of my MH light;;;;;;;

I bring oveSE accessories to show you tonight... :lol:

Bro. I bring a long some wire and a 3pin plug, can you teach me how to fix up my SE set for the time bring...???apologies :paiseh: , know nothing about electrical work... :paiseh::bow::bow::thanks: