Disappointment

Andrew

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Vinoth.... dynamic IP simply delays tracking. But end of the day... all tracks lead to one source.

How do you think our ISD people are able to track dissidents or JI operatives?

Just don't want to bother a sworn bro 'in high places' for such petty matters... you can run but you can't hide. Even in cyberspace.

In fact, I was just discussing this matter with an SRC friend who deals with IT security. I was just telling him that it may not be necessary to make membership at SRC so difficult as he suggested... but perhaps I am wrong.

I was considering different access levels for:

1. Verified reefers having just one login who will be added into the SRC genuine member database by means of submitting personal data and thus granted full access.

2. Casual surfers who don't want to be added into the SRC database but are heavily restricted to what they can do... maybe not even able to post... basically having the same status as 'Guests'.

It seems we have to lose a bit of freedom to prevent abuse of anonymity and having people who come here to 'make trouble'.

I really don't want to do this but it seems we are having a lot of jokers & loose cannons coming in these days. :(

Oh yeah... a suggestion from someone: Only people with corporate email accounts can register in SRC.

Everyone else with 'free' email accounts from Yahoo, Hotmail etc. will not be able to use SRC! Like Arofanatics?

What do you think?

But I strongly disagreed because of the fact that many of us (me included) don't have corporate emails or don't like to use them because they may be transient if we change jobs and for those which you have to pay for them.... there will be individuals esp. students, who may not afford them.

• SRC Member
Guys you are missing something :o .... I have used and own Teco, Atman and Hailea chillers One thing for sure is that Dr Chill's Reef Relief has the best PROVEN Service & Support. You need anything, juz give a call to Dr Chill and you get your problems solved at your door step! THE REST OF THE BRANDS.....................THE REPLY IS ALWAYS THA SAME: "LET ME SEE, WE WILL HAVE TO DO THIS AND THAT AND BRONG THE CHILLER TO ME .....%^%%^% AND THAT WILL BE $150".

I believe non of the LFS is up to the service level expect for when you paid BIG $. :) Having Reef Relief is what make this hobby affortable. :)

I guess I'll get a lot of HIT from my commends, but what the HACK........prove me wrong if you can, else SHUT UP & PISS OFF:peace: :P:P:D:P:D

:off: Max :shock::eyebrow:

I dont use Dr Chill chillers . But for sure his customer service i heard from those reefers who came my home was 110% much better than other brands..

As even for the brand i am using i need to pay $80 for transportation charges for any repairs..

Thus i think customer service should be one of the other important factor we should hit .. other than price...

• SRC Member

Initially we can give access to some forums(full rights) related to reef keeping and later based on the behaviour(if not trouble maker), then can give access to other forums(till this time they will be able to read but will not be able to post). But its additional headache to administrator and moderators.

Just my idea...

• SRC Member

AT, I'm all for it... seriously, i think this is the time to think abt premium membership stuff too even though we know u are dead against it.... I dun mind paying cause moderators here have been doing a good job. It's time we play our part too to keep this club going...

Cheers!

• SRC Member
wah need to pay? I no money... Just secondary 4 only. DUn lah. Maybe can give them a 2 week probation period.

I mean premium as in really really premium! Then it's worth paying loh.... ;)

Example of premium services can be:

Premium members get to be informed of new stock by sponsors first...

Yes, Barracuda... don't worry... I will never make membership chargeable... the club is for hobbyists to gather, share and learn from each other. The ones who wish to make money off these hobbyists should be the same ones to pay for the opportunity ie. advertisers.

The question is how do we weed out people who are not serious about the hobby and those who stir up crap? I want to ease tensions and burdens off the admin (oh wait...that's me) and the mods.

Sigh!

Do I count as one of these? :P

Yeah.. sometimes. :)

Actually, this forum has a 'warning' system.

If a member goes out of line... he/she can be issued with a warning by the Admin or a Mod.

Once he hits a certain number of warnings issued... ie. a yellow card... his account will be suspended.

Maybe I should activate this! ;)

AT

• SRC Member

Maybe I can share how arofanatics moderation works.

Each sub forum will have its own moderator and that moderator will take charge of that sub forum. Most of the daily chores and culture are set by that moderator governed by general rules of the main forum.

There is also 2 Super moderators which will oversee all the operations of the sub forum moderators. Then there is a asst. admin for database problems and discipline of all moderators.

Moderators will have access to a discussion room with only mods and admin have access. From there mods can highlight troublemakers and the particular submod can check on that troublemaker.

All posts are not deleted but moved to a bin where only mods and admins have access. This bin serve as a reference if users complaint about their threads/posts being deleted. Hope this helps

• SRC Member
This club should cater to everyone with the interest to learn and not for rich pple.  I dont see a need for premium as there are more than enough sponsors to run this site already.

Dun take it so serious... It's only a suggestion... :P

We are all throwing out ideas to deter troublemakers... that's all...

Its great to have a forum that is opened to all and I think sgreefclub fulfilled that very well for the past one year.... but when things go out of hand... there are ideas that were previously shelved but worth to take out again and reconsider....

• SRC Member
This club should cater to everyone with the interest to learn and not for rich pple. I dont see a need for premium as there are more than enough sponsors to run this site already.

yes ..agreed .. just because most can afford to pay a 'premium', doesn't mean others can or want to.. please think of others :angry:

Why do we use "My 2 cents worth" when 1 cents are not legal tender in Singapore anymore? Shouldn't it be 5 cents worth?

"Its easier to blame the 'mantis' or crabs in the tank for missing & dead livestocks.."

http://arcanehacker.blogspot.com/

• SRC Member

yes ..agreed .. just because most can afford to pay a 'premium', doesn't mean others can or want to.. please think of others :angry:

Wah lao... Bro arcanehacker, why so work up? It's only a mere suggestion... Like I said, It's only an area to explore to deter the troublemakers.... and the fact is it is one of the solutions that does work in keeping away uninterested people or troublemakers...

Can we discuss this objectively? I dun understand why people are taking it so personal... We do know that this club is made of people from all walks of life (and btw, I myself am not rich). AT was talking about segregating the club into casual "guest" status and verified "member" status. I am only suggesting another level to cater to the hardcore reefers who wish to contribute more....

Also, Barracuda's suggestion is another possibility... and the other possibility which AT brought up about corporate e-mails only...

We are just brainstorming to make this club works... Everyone is entitled to give suggestions rite?