symptom of a dead starfish.

• SRC Member
Just brought a Marble Sea Star(Fromia monilis). How would we know that the starfish is dead ? Is there any symptom to look out for ?

like what morgan said..... when it is just in the same place and dont move at all.... :D:D:D

• SRC Member

like what morgan said..... when it is just in the same place and dont move at all.... :D:D:D

above symptom quoted dun apply to dead starfish...dead things cant give out symptoms ..hehhe :lol: ..only applicable to dying starfish ;)

• SRC Member
Meaning that even if it is dead, will still attached to the LR and not falling down ? IF the tube feet still moving> still alive ? Heard that colour will be faded away.

if it stick stick to the LR.. most likey its not dead...

• SRC Member
When you see the tip of the "legs" start disintegrating and then the whole leg, you know that it is dying.

but the legs disintegrating might be because of other starfish.. ;)

Why do we use "My 2 cents worth" when 1 cents are not legal tender in Singapore anymore? Shouldn't it be 5 cents worth?

"Its easier to blame the 'mantis' or crabs in the tank for missing & dead livestocks.."

http://arcanehacker.blogspot.com/

Turn it upside down... a healthy starfish will right itself immediately.

You can see its tiny feet waving about... if they are retracted or still.... buy a star shaped coffin. :)

• SRC Member
Turn it upside down... a healthy starfish will right itself immediately.

You can see its tiny feet waving about... if they are retracted or still.... buy a star shaped coffin. :)

I heard that by looking at the bottom, it should not have discoloured patches. One guy for a LFS showed me and told me not to get those kinds. The below should have an even colour.

Why do we use "My 2 cents worth" when 1 cents are not legal tender in Singapore anymore? Shouldn't it be 5 cents worth?

"Its easier to blame the 'mantis' or crabs in the tank for missing & dead livestocks.."

http://arcanehacker.blogspot.com/