150W MH DE Bulb Comparison

reeflobang

• SRC Member

i gotten the coral vue eballast and the coral vue 10k SE bulb. Will post a pic of it soon. The picture of the 10k taken by reeflobang seems much bluer compare to my coral vue 10k. Not sure if it due to the ballast?

• SRC Member

I installed my CV10K 250W DE using HQI VG(German) ballast and the color for 10K is petty good. It actually looks like a 14K to the eyes...........................very bluish white. The bightest is definitely in-sync with the test reported done in US, it is on an average of 15~35% dimmer than BLV 10K or AB13K, unless you are using CV e-ballast. Well all blue bulbs are dimmer, let's see if this lost in normal PAR and increase Blue PAR will color up my SPS better. I'll run a review after another 1~2 mths of useage on it's impact on SPS colorations.................you can definitely throw away your FL/T5 Blue supplement............. :D:P Max :unsure:

• Sponsor

I had the opportunity to see all DE and SE bulbs in action.

My personal visual assessment of the different bulbs:

(1) 10KK DE is bluer than 10KK SE.

(2) Not too sure about this, but I feel that 15KK SE is bluer 20KK DE.

(3) 20KK SE is the bluest of them all and closest to Radium.

(4) In terms of blueness, the difference between 20KK DE and 10KK DE is not very great, but still noticeable.

Regarding the MV ballast, the manufacturer had not tested CV bulbs with it. Hence, he does not recommend it. If reeflobang's Victron ballast is indeed MV type, then there is a possibility that the configuration works. Perhaps, reeflobang can post his review on the performance of the bulb after a few months.

Reef Depot Pte Ltd 

We are a trusted and reputable distributor and wholesaler of aquarium products in Singapore and surrounding region. Our customers include wholesalers, shops, aquarium integrators, schools, clubs and public aquariums.

For wholesaler or dealers, please Click Here to open an account with us.

For endusers , please check with our local partners for our products.

Our Brands,

AI.jpg ETM.jpgPolypLab.jpgAlgone.jpg

DD.jpgNyos_hover.pngRowa.jpgAMPinpoint.jpgTunze.jpg

Like us on our Facebook page for latest updates from us.

• SRC Member
i gotten the coral vue eballast and the coral vue 10k SE bulb. Will post a pic of it soon. The picture of the 10k taken by reeflobang seems much bluer compare to my coral vue 10k. Not sure if it due to the ballast?

Hi Day, any feedback on the CV10K with the CV e-ballast for your 250W setup? I've search & read thru most of RC's post on CV10K, seems like major/all of the RC user's of CV10K are SE and most reported white light. I noticed that the CV10K 250W DE is very blue in fact for a 10K and wonder if you tested your CV10K with e-ballast? :rolleyes:

BTW, wonder if 110V and 220~230V makes a difference? I believe it does, especially to the ballast and throughput of the ballast, that's is also why AB & Giesemann took sometime to get it right to the US market....????.... B)

:thanks:

Max

• SRC Member
Take a pix of the ballast and we'll clear all doubts.

Does this pic tell what kind of ballast it is?

So far my tank is doing well - less the algae bloom on my glass tank surface and LR - not sure its because of the UV-filter glass or changing from BLV 10K to CV 10K.

post-14-1075095927.jpg