can any kind soul out there help ???

ashidiq

• SRC Member

currently just got my tank !!! it should be a happy thing but DAMN the overflow box got ###### up...because instead of water flowing in from the top... mine is water from the bottom flowing up into the top then into the overflow box... i was so flared up that tear down the whole partition... now need a new partition.. who and where can i have one made ?

• SRC Member

wah impossible for the water to flow in from the bottom into the overflow box unless, :

1)U connect the return pump to the wrong pipe.

2) the PVC pipe connected to the return pump was not directed to the main tank but into your overflow box. hhahaa

Which partitiopn? the glass partition? OMG "ni tai cong dong!" calm down dude. what partition u tore down?

Live and Let Live

I think I have seen similar tank before...true, if water cant flow in from the top, it goes thru a small gap at the base, you'll end up with an 'oily ' surface...true, get it right before you commit further investment....

what you can do is get the correct measure ment and get the place you bought the tank from to come fix and adjuct it for you...th emost pay a bit more $$$ only... :lol:

• SRC Member

no i have no set up anything... okok let me share with u the water first pass thru a small opening under the glass partition the because of another partition behind the water will be force up again then down into the overflow box... because of this i can't possible to have a deep sand bed .. if not no water can get in that small opening at the bottom ... its mean for under gravel... i told that guy he said that there is nothing he can do and he claims that i did not told him properly... out of rage i smash the 2 glass of partition hoping to get a new partiton done... .any one can help ... haiz

• SRC Member

WAH violent!! Tank smasher!! hahaha. overflow box partition smasher! PRO! *SALUTES

hahaha u pro lah. Dun like the tank design. Like that can't even have any sand bed. maybe a bit of sand to "bai sui" only. Get the regular overflow system lah. Think you go to some tank maker or glass comnpany they might make a tank for you cheap cheap. I got my 3 ft tank done by my mother's friend (10mm with top and bottom eurobracing, long ago) currently using it for aggresive tank. got it at cost price($60) cause is my mom's fren.

Live and Let Live

Tsk tsk!

A hot temper gets you nowhere. You don't have to tear apart the overflow compartment in anger. A cool head and asking other reefers here in SRC for advice is the better solution.

Too bad. I would have told you to just use a glass piece to seal up the bottom slot or even a CD could work. There are a few reefers who have bought such tanks.

• SRC Member

haiz :( .... evrything is too late already.. .will learn to control my temper ... so is it possible i get a new partiton by a tank maker ? haiz all is to blame is my anxiety to start my tank... haiz if possible can provide me with tank makers number who will do a partiton... thanks... haiz...

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

the new year spirit is finally over and i wish to kick start my plan for my 3FEET but there is still no partiton due to some idiotic acts of me... CAN ANY ONE PLEASE KINDLY TELL ME WHERE CAN I GET A PARTITON DONE ? ( CAN I HAVE THE PARTITON CUT OUT BUT I GLUE MYSELF ?)