LCK 110 New Shipments

• SRC Member

Got good pieces of acro. Pink, green, blue tip, purple tip etc. Think still have lots left today after the raid last night.

Total 13 or 14 boxes.

Good quality. My purple with green polyp and purple tip with white polyp are extending by 3 am. :P

I think (marine) therefore I am

• SRC Member
Good quality.  My purple with green polyp and purple tip with white polyp are extending by 3 am. :P

Ditto. Same experience here, the polyps of the 2 small colonies I got were out within a few minutes of placing them in my tank :).

SPS (e.g. acros, montis, etc.) require ideal water parameters, good circulation and intense/strong lighting. For more on SPS husbandry...

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1629

• SRC Member

Yah, the pieces there yesterday were quite nice in size and colour. I am waiting for the colour to see if they remain or change over the next few weeks. Will post some pics when they are more settled.

Dan, think we got quite similar stuff.

Chris... actually... didn't know you picked the above coral. :huh:

Those that came in were actually bleached already, the body has lost a lot of colour. :( Be careful not to bleach it further...

I have a big specimen from the last PR shipment and the body is green as well as the tips.

These bottlebrush corals don't really like too strong water circulation. Its also quite a challenge to give it good light exposure because of the shadows that are cast on its body due to its many branches that point everywhere.

• SRC Member

Nice Chris. I think we were fortunate to pick up 2 good specimens of the bottlebrush and I exchanged the larger one in my hand for the smaller one that you had spotted. :)

AT, the ones Chris and I got have a light pastel purple body with yellow tips. However, we did notice other specimens that appeared somewhat bleached.

As for the other one, are the polyps white? Mine has similar corallites and purple colouration but polyps are green (and it's nano-size). ;)

Dan... you saw mine before right?

The body should be green. Where light doesn't fall directly onto the body of that acropora... those areas will be pale brown, a few shades darker than the above photo.

And of course, the areas where there are shadows... chris, you can see in the photo, they will recede.

I recommend a midlevel placement, between two bulbs so the overlapping beams can give ample light coverage.

• SRC Member

AT, yes, I've seen yours. I think the one that Chris and I got has a slightly different colour morph... the upper branches are a light pastel purple. Perhaps that's the slight difference between Fiji and Vanuatu specimens.

Anyway, here's a top view of mine before I attached it to LR.

post-25-1074248030.jpg

• SRC Member

Here's the other one I got. Many sps reefers passed this up coz of its small size and odd shape :)

NOTE: SPS (e.g. acros, montis, etc.) require ideal water parameters, good circulation and intense/strong lighting. For more on SPS husbandry...

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1629

post-25-1074248305.jpg

• SRC Member

AT, mine is not bleached when I bought it. It is the same colouration as Dan's. It's the pic cos when I took the pic, the MH was really bright, making it looks whitish.

Dan, I bought a purple with green polyp too, just like you did!

post-25-1074299970.jpg