Dead Fish

• SRC Member

If its a big fish. or its somewhere u can see just take it out. wont hurt. If its a small fish missing somewhere. chances are the body wont be around for the next 2 hours if u have a well established tank. My 3 inch naso ###### died on one of my LR. 10 mins later its gone. found it at the back of the tank in between the LR structure. go out. come home 6 hours later. left half a skeleton.

heres one of the many culprits.

saw my dead fish suddenly moving around in a weird fashion.being totally noob at that time ( as evident by no. 6 coral chip sandbed ) . i was pretty freaked out

post-6-1074016485.jpg

MillionaireMachine,

Hi.. can you be more descriptive in your thread title in future? It won't waste people's time coming in to check out a thread that doesn't reflect the content.

Read this!

Thanks!

AT

• SRC Member

Sometimes the thought of it shudders me.. like once something dead, all the crabs and stuff come out and drag the corpse to their den and devour it.

There's one time i switch off all lights and then peer into my tank using dim torchlight.. wa.. never knew i got so many crabs and living orgainism active at night one.. a bit scary..

• SRC Member

i retrieve dead corpse of fishes in tight spot (can see though) by using a needle sticked infront of a ballon stick(from MACd). Poke them and bring them out .. thats how i kill the bristle worm oso ... :P

Thank to bro who started using the brands bottle to catch crabs oso .. now all my snails are safe ..

mydog.gif

• SRC Member
i retrieve dead corpse of fishes in tight spot (can see though) by using a needle sticked infront of a ballon stick(from MACd). Poke them and bring them out .. thats how i kill the bristle worm oso ... :P

Thank to bro who started using the brands bottle to catch crabs oso .. now all my snails are safe ..

I use chopsticks to take out dead bodies too.. :P .. but might not work in really tight spots..

Why do we use "My 2 cents worth" when 1 cents are not legal tender in Singapore anymore? Shouldn't it be 5 cents worth?

"Its easier to blame the 'mantis' or crabs in the tank for missing & dead livestocks.."

http://arcanehacker.blogspot.com/

IMO, if u cannot c the corpses, then juz leave them to decompose....... more likely to be eaten up by other LS. if not, then get more narssarius snails to eat them up as these guys r scavengers.

Austin the Westie: "I may be your best friend, but you are my everything".

Lightning Strike's Back!!!

Reefkeeping Is Not My Hobby, It's My Obsession.

Austin's Birthday

.png

• SRC Member
yupzzzz....fish got eaten very fast...taste gd maybe...lol...btw does it help to heep these creatures so that they help in the decomposition process....

Ermm.. If I ain't wrong it is beneficial to keep bristle worms in your tank but crabs as a general rule should be removed as they'll hunt small fishes when they grow bigger...