Any Effective Crab Terminator ?

Golf

• SRC Member

So a "brands" bottle with bait inside and 2 rubberband to make a cross over the mouth of the bottle. Put/tilt the bottle in such a way that crabs can climb into it, and once inside the bottle can't climb out due to smooth surface right?...thanks

Any similar trap for damsel? :evil::evil:

• SRC Member

Nic a Jon ,

Yes, almost there !

1. First, Crab can still crawl out on smooth surface at even 15deg tilted angle...trick is between 30~40deg. tilted angle.

2. Second, put the mouth/openning of bottle resting on a LR surface whereby you normally crab would like to hang-out.

3. Lastly, do it only at night, before lights-off...I mean the entire house light, not the tank light.

Damsel Trap.....Very tough...many months, I took out almost all my LR to catch my two damsels. Some use small box, put bait inside and fish it out quickly. Dun know exactly how...never try.

All the best....Bro!

Use 2 rubber bands to tie across the bottle...make a CROSS (PLUS SIGN). Looks like a quadrant...you know. Thus bottle openning reduce by approx 75% liao. Just imagine....

Hey Golf,

this is a good idea ... what I have done is actually to feed my Blood shrimp first before placing the bottle.

• SRC Member

with the above mentioned tactics with rubber band and all, I JUST CAUGHT THE TERRORIST!!!!!! :evil::yeah:

now waiting to see if there are anymore of them, maybe sleeper cells eh? hahaha. will remove the bottle tomorrow morning.

lucky using rubber band, golf, my cleaners deperately trying to force their way in. but kanna jam because of their feelers.

heheheh.

Cheers to all :D

• SRC Member

Hey to All !

:D Congrats to all your success in using "essense of chicken" bottle trap!!! Actually it is NOT my original idea...someone advises me, and I improvised it...that's all.

Some put big prawns, some put cut-out plastic bottle.....but for big prawns, I worry about sudden "Ammonia spike" and cause a mini Nitrogen cycle...so I use small tiny pieces... For small tiny prawn bait, CS or BS will "ROB" it away...so I modify by tying rubber band lor. In this case, "one arrow two bird lah !"...ke...ke...

Keep trying....nothing to loose wat...but I am sure success rate is very high! But for those nuisance crab, bad news for them lah ! Heh..Heh... :evil: