DSB

• SRC Member

Hi. I am going to have a DSB in my sump. the available space is abt 30cmX40cm(LXB). Hw many pkts of sand i need to buy to make a DSB? is 5inches enough?A lot of ppl have a mixture of 0 and 1 sand. Which is better.

Lastly on top of my DSB will be my refugium. What should I put in the refugium? Macroalage..? :thanks:

• SRC Member
wat wrong wif his posting?

1. Thread should look like this: How much sand for DSB. OR What is a DSB. OR Height of DSB. OR How to create a DSB. :lol:

2. Do a search on DSB before starting a post on a previously answered question?! :D

4 inch shd be fine at G0 or 6 inch at G1

in order for it to work no water shd be flowing tru it.

yes MA for refugium

This might help!!

Just trying to give AT a hand!!!

Cheers :peace:

• SRC Member

Hi, Thanks for the reply...I will read the link.

Just to answer ur question"How much sand for DSB."? How do I measure sand? Thats y I ask how many pkts I need for the available space.

"What is a DSB"- No point! coz these can be found in a lots of websites.

OR Height of DSB.- I have mention that is 5 inches sufficient?

How to create a DSB?- Is that any special way to create a DSB? I thot just put the sand and let it run? is there any things i need to note.. hope you can enlighten me.

to cleartank... actually I just need to knw the number of pkts to buy! I don want to buy extra.. Is 4 pkts sufficient? Don feel offended.. I understand, I will try to do a search for similar topics.

Cheers

• SRC Member
1. Thread should look like this: How much sand for DSB. OR What is a DSB. OR Height of DSB. OR How to create a DSB. 

2. Do a search on DSB before starting a post on a previously answered question?! 

Heehehhe, i think you misunderstand my intention. :D

AT wants us to be as descriptive as possible when we post a new thread. Why? Read the link i post above.., In your case, it should be titled: How much sand for DSB or How many bags of sand for my DSB. :lol:

As for you question on the amount of sand.... did a calculation using the calculator i posted earlier, results:

You will need approximately 60 pounds of sand

to achieve a 6 inch depth in a 12 x 16 inch tank

assuming the sand weighs 90 pounds per cubic foot.

As for the algea... read up on caulerpa :lol:

Cheers

And I am not offended in way!! Just trying to giving our mod a hand!!

:peace::yeah: