bid for a pair of blue tang

asg

• SRC Member

:D:D

i am letting go my blue tang as a pair. they are very healthy and eat angel formula 2 flake, mysis, brine, etc. i bought them when they are about 1.5 inches and they are now about 3 inches.

they are two fat fat tang now and i have confident that they will be able to successfully live in another tank.

bid c: a pair of blue tang

starting bid: $60, increment bid $3. closing bid this sun 4pm. successful bidder can collect on sun 7pm onwards

thanks thanks

***side note: blue tang is know as inck magnet, water condition has to be in top condition for it to live well.

post-10-1154066611.jpg

子非鱼,焉知鱼之乐... (you are not the fish so you...)

Then: my 4FT low tech selling off tank... (2006)

Now: (2014)

@Sept 2014

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

mid size blue tang is around $25 per piece (in LFS)... if only there are half as "fat" (and eating almost anything) as mine...

IMO, i think $60 for a pair of blue tangs with highest chance of surviving that one can get is not expensive...

one can go LFS to buy blue tangs and pray hard that they eat... but what is the success rate like? 1 out of 2? 1 out of 3? 1 out of 4?...

the fact is that healthy, eating and fat fish command a higher than market price :lol::lol:

just my reasoning for asking for a $60 starting bid :D

of course, anyone can go LFS to buy 3 blue tangs (3*$25) and pray that they survive :P:P

@Sept 2014

• SRC Member

but your seem to be down with ich from first pic. blue tang are much easier to keep. this is not powder blue. and usually blue tang cost only 18. and its very easy to get blue tang to feed on everything and they get fat easily as they are always hungry once in the tank. just my 2 cents

Member of

n34281892381_7606.jpg

• SRC Member
but your seem to be down with ich from first pic. blue tang are much easier to keep. this is not powder blue. and usually blue tang cost only 18. and its very easy to get blue tang to feed on everything and they get fat easily as they are always hungry once in the tank. just my 2 cents

agree with you bro. :lol:

I try not to interfere but you are giving all reefers an impression you are trying to make money out of this decom... kinda defeat the purpose of what Pasar Malam is... to be honest, I think your 2 3" Blue Tangs the most can fetch $40.

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

I also heard that BT are easy to contract ich but so far, mine didn't. My water condition sucks as I have minimal equipment. The trick is to feed them with sufficient veggie. As long as they are strong (body) and happy (mentally), they should not contract ich.

(~ cci[RR]us ~)
A pair of Nemos :: Deep Sand Bed
Solite 2x24W T5 :: Prizm Skimmer with Overflow attachment

• SRC Member

i am not forcing anyone to buy, didnt i? ;)

whether my blue tang is healthy or not, the buyer will sure get to see it before paying it. ;);) dont think that everyone is a fool because you...

as for PBT, please go check the market price of blue tang and PBT... to see which is more expensive...

as for trying to make money out of this??? how much can i make out of this? the money cant even cover my lunch.

price is what you pay, value is what you get :rolleyes::rolleyes:

***for those who wanna keep blue tang, feel free to go LFS and buy it... it is not call ich magnet for nothing...

***for those who are not buying... why are you here???

there are three types of people in this world:

people who make things happen;

people who wait for things to happen;

and people who DONT know what happen...

to mod: mohn dont go to mountain, the mountain comes to mohn :rolleyes::rolleyes:

i promise i promise i promise

@Sept 2014

• SRC Member
us,Jul 28 2006, 08:48 PM] I also heard that BT are easy to contract ich but so far, mine didn't. My water condition sucks as I have minimal equipment. The trick is to feed them with sufficient veggie. As long as they are strong (body) and happy (mentally), they should not contract ich.

please... you sound as though your water condition sucks because of having minimal equipment (and you are proud of it... isn't it reefer responsiblity to have a top condition water?)

water condition sucks not because of minimal equipment but because of the knowledge (or lack of it ) of reefer...

:D:D what has the reefing world come to...

@Sept 2014

• SRC Member
try lower starting bid lah bro, where got ppl put things up for auction start at high price ...

bro, thanks for your advise. this is at least a constructive comment. i thanks you for that.

dont worry, i have my source for housing my blue tang if no one pick it up here. :D

@Sept 2014

• SRC Member

pbt usually 24 for 1 and survival rate is much lower. bt i can easily get it at less then 20. well, blue tang are not really ich magnet, try powder series or even at and you will know which is the more magnetic fish. dont believe me you can go ask those senior reefer who had kept both.

Member of

n34281892381_7606.jpg

• SRC Member

for me bt is prone to ich.but pbt is worse.as for at,they dont call it the hardest tang to keep for nothing.ive kept those three tangs b4 n i know.the death rate between the three fishes is of cos at(1) then follow by pbt then blue tang.blue tang is not difficult to rear.

• SRC Member

yes agree with bro w3i sh3ng ... the powder series are the real ich magnets ... blue tangs r relatively easy to acclimatise n keep ... so shdnt be a big prob for most

Main Tank : 48 inch by 36 inch by 28 inch (2 sides starphire glass)
Sump Tank :
Return Pump :
Chiller : Starmax Compressor 1 HP Drop coil
Chiller Return Pump
Protein Skimmer :
Wave Maker :
Fluidised Reactor :

• SRC Member

oh ya, i sold off my pbt at 24, without ich, super fat! you can ask dazza or anyone that came over before it was sold. maybe i should learn from you auction starting from 30. since i got a ich manget that is fat and ich free.

Member of

n34281892381_7606.jpg

• SRC Member
pbt usually 24 for 1 and survival rate is much lower. bt i can easily get it at less then 20. well, blue tang are not really ich magnet, try powder series or even at and you will know which is the more magnetic fish. dont believe me you can go ask those senior reefer who had kept both.

:D:D i have kept a PBT before but it kind of become agressive after some time in my tank...

the reason that i keep blue tang is that it can co-live in pairs or more in captive environment (at least for my tank size), the same cant be say for PBT... nothing to do with ehich is easy which is not...

and guess what is the blue-est living creature in the world? you have it, blue tang it is...

:D and for the source of cheaper blue tang, maybe you can post it here, or if you dont mind, interested buyer can PM you for more info. it is good to help bring the price down for blue tang :rolleyes::rolleyes:

from what i heard from reefers, it is not the initial purchase price that matters most, it is whether the fish live or not...

first blue tang -> gone, second blue tang -> gone, third.... how many tries can a reefer have? it is just simple math here...

@Sept 2014

• SRC Member

you can try pbt. reefer can try all they want and i dare say at least 30% of them died. as for bt, most of the reefer are being able to keep them if they did read up about it. oh ya, as for bluest issue, blue tang have this tendacy to have their colour leak off as they grow bigger, bigger as in like say 5" and above

Member of

n34281892381_7606.jpg

please... you sound as though your water condition sucks because of having minimal equipment (and you are proud of it... isn't it reefer responsiblity to have a top condition water?)

water condition sucks not because of minimal equipment but because of the knowledge (or lack of it ) of reefer...

:D  :D  what has the reefing world come to...

Please, you are imagining too much.

All I am saying is, one does not need the BEST water quality to keep BTs. You had associated ich to have a direct casual relationship with water quality, which I believe is not the key factor.

***side note: blue tang is know as inck magnet, water condition has to be in top condition for it to live well.

In my reply, I stated the key factor to be the food and not water quality.

To further prove my point, I highlighted my personal experience where I do not have the BEST water quality because of equipment limitation. However, this is by no means saying that the water quality is extremely poor. No miracle food in this world would keep any marine fish alive in toxic sea water. So obviously, my water isn't as bad as you have imagined. And obviously, I am not proud of my poor water quality but rather, I am proud to share my experience that diet plays a more important role than the quality of sea water.

You can insinuate as you wish. Lack of knowledge? Lack of marine aquaria ethics? Whatever. So long as my tank is thriving, fish are eating with no ich, go ahead.

My reply here was in good intention. People might be put off by you saying that BTs are hard to keep as it is requires TOP water quality. Experienced reefers should know that it is very difficult to maintain TOP quality sea water. This may scare off potential non-experienced buyers. So, I volunteered to highlight that it is not that hard to keep BTs (just feed the right stuff) and hopefully though this, you could get more responses. Looks like it doesn't pay to be nice.

Looks like helping out in the reefing world sucks. Right, you've said it best:

:D:Dwhat has the reefing world come to...

(~ cci[RR]us ~)
A pair of Nemos :: Deep Sand Bed
Solite 2x24W T5 :: Prizm Skimmer with Overflow attachment

• SRC Member
for me bt is prone to ich.but pbt is worse.as for at,they dont call it the hardest tang to keep for nothing.ive kept those three tangs b4 n i know.the death rate between the three fishes is of cos at(1) then follow by pbt then blue tang.blue tang is not difficult to rear.

:off: Hi PL, How is yr black tang running along?