Huge-sized Toyogo brand containers

Achilles Tang

Clowntrigger wanted to get one of the Toyogo brand plastic containers commonly used for storage and I guess I should do a product review on this as I am using such containers, three in fact!

I use them to store my liverocks, do my saltmix and to store seawater.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brand: Toyogo. Series 98, Product Code: 9810

Price: Two for $60 or one for $35. Purchase at Toyogo Supermart (Blk 11 Toa Payoh Ind Pk #01-1207 Singpaore 319063. Tel: 6250 2960).

Dimensions: 64cm L by 50cm B by 43 H (midway as it slopes slightly narrower to the bottom)

Colour: translucent

Strength: the sides do bow out slightly when filled with water to nearly the

brim.

Advantages: The container comes with roller wheels which aids in moving around the house, even filled with water.

Resin Code/Recycling Code: 5 (polypropylene)

PP is used to make auto parts, appliance parts, pipes, toys, medical tubing, margarine tubs, syrup bottles and trash bags. Many drinking straws are made of PP. PP is food grade.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: The first time I used it to store newly made saltmix overnite... the water turned cloudy. I have no idea whether it is reaction with the plastic or simply the saltmix itself. But I have been using it subsequently to make saltmix and have not experienced that cloudiness again.

I would recommend that you wash the inside of the plastic container thoroughly first before using.

toyogocontainer.jpg

These containers are the biggest you can find and would easily substitute as an emergency tank should your small tank leaks... or you can use them as a sump tank of sorts or for some other usage.

toyogocontainer2.jpg

Here are the roller wheels, which are detachable.

toyogocontainer3.jpg

I have placed a scuba fin across it, my Korallin kalkreactor and an Eheim pump for scale.

The only disadvantage of this container is that it's not collapsible... as putting it aside for storage means finding SPACE for it as it's so big! Or you can simply throw it away after use... haha! :lol: