Ich Infestation

• SRC Member

For five days, I woke up early in the morning (around 6am) and saw that most of my fishes are covered with white spot!

Once the lights are on (around 10am) and the fishes start to get active, the white spots are all gone?!?! :blink::blink::blink:

Then by midnight when all the lights are gone and the fishes start to rest again, the iches spots appear again on the body....

Wonder if it has to do with the fish body metabolism slowing down (at night) and the ich coming in to attack then...

Now I am feeding my fish frantically with Garlic Guard and may consider getting Kent RXP for full treatment....

On a positive note, does it mean that my fishes are has a higher chance to fight off the ich themselves, considering the iches are gone on the body by the time they are active?

Don't think I want to take out the fishes and do a hypo dip and quarantine stuff.... too troublesome.... I just hope the ich goes away...

My water parameters are ok too....

• SRC Member

Thanks bro.... In another word, it is always good to have a quarantine tank... then again, in our small HDB flats, is it truly viable?

Sigh...

Now I am doing Kent Garlic and RXP Treatment..... see how it goes....

Right now, after one hour of administering the above treatment, I can see all the white spots falling off from the fish.... not a single dot on any of them....

Hopefully, the RXP will take out those iches in the free-swimming stage...

Fishes are now shivering and shaking as if shaking off the ich from the body...

Right now monitoring the stress level of the fishes from the treatment..... because I shut off the return pump and skimmer for more effective treatment....

• SRC Member

Added two powerheads in main tank to circulate water while return pump and skimmer is off.....

Chiller is off at the moment too.. thank God, it is a FOWLR tank...