Silencer for Skimmer

spade

• SRC Member

i'm looking to solve this noise too, so spade where does the line to the skimmer go? to the airline or plastic valve? i'm guessing the plastic valve right? i got some pvc & end caps i can try this weekend.

• SRC Member

bawater,

according to the post in PH8.4, u r right should connect to the plastic valve ... :blink: butta i'm not too sure as the explanation is too brief ...

may be u can post up something after yr test ;) probably wanna try over the weekend also ..

:thanks:

• SRC Member

right on, i got it translated for me...but all i got back was....skimmer..silencer...very quiet. :huh:

still figuring how but worth a shot-maybe add some cotton wool, then next is micro bubbles in return!!

• SRC Member

bawater,

any findings on the micro-bubbles at the return ?? i'm suffering the same prob. however, as my sump is 'compartmentalize', the bubbles didn't get over to the other sections, would like reduce it anyway ... :heh:

• SRC Member

At the moment i entended the output with 13mm pvc towards the sump sides(that means water comes out directly at the glass), output is also located at the opp side of the return pump-not much just 10" away. In between for a temporary measure i added some floss to trap some bubbles- a very tiny amount still gets thru, very tiny that some would say normal but i want none.

still finding possible designs for DIY baffles in RC, how many actual baffle plates i need-i only want a small one.