chinmo

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

Finally! He's preggy! :yeah: miss the egg transfer shot! <_<

post-32-1104114114.jpg

I gotta feeling..Woo...hoo....That tonight's gonna be a good night.....That tonight's gonna be a good, good night!

• SRC Member

and another barbs :) seen here with a kuda :) sorry for e poor pic :lol:

post-32-1104114471.jpg

I gotta feeling..Woo...hoo....That tonight's gonna be a good night.....That tonight's gonna be a good, good night!

• SRC Member

cos brine shrimp are not their natural food mah ;)

• SRC Member
Beautiful. Expecting next brood 3 weeks time. Expecting mine in 2 weeks. What the reasons behind for a bare tank. How many SHs and size of your tank? What the perforated partition for? Do you own a refigum? Amphipod is the answer after 2 months....

hey bro.... bare tank makes maintence easier..... thought not nice looking it's easier for the sh to find their food or frozen training also. ;)

went looking for DT's at reborn... was told out of stock! shit! where can i find live phyto? <_< need to experiment....

my Tanks(systems) consider a pods haven! able to harvest enough pods contiunsly for 6 days till they somehow big enough for bbs :evil:

the reidis(4) are in another tank..... the barbs and kudas (5) are in a 2ft along with other tanks. ;)

• SRC Member

Hi Chinmo,

Look for Henry from Marine Life - One of the sponsors. Tel: 67774047. Should be able to assist you with load of DT.

Also look into seahorses.de - Breeding - Plantkon method I and II for your reference.

Use a separate tank such as a round pail. Start preparation now. Lastly, just 3 to 5 per container or.... dire conseqences.

.....well we will never be short fall of seahorses anymore... thank to TMIS.

Cheer for all.

• SRC Member
nice pics! *envy* my tigertails started to nip on frozen mysis finally... but they totally ignored live bs wor... why huh?

Those SH I used to have love live BS. BS swims slowly in front of SH mouth or slow enough for SH to be curious about and start chasing. My favourite pastime watching them chase BS :lol: .

Think it is matter of getting them use to eating live BS, as in frozen mysis.

• SRC Member
yo chinmo & chris low, care to reveal wad type of filter & wad stuff u dose into ur tanks weekly? are u using delicated filter & refugium for each tank or share a central one? thanks!

:) i don't dose any stuff except for calcium and alk...... thses for the clams ;) i'm using those FW stackable filter trays for filteration... 1st tier foam..... the rest are Biohome and Bacteria house. ;) All my tanks are link to a central sump. :heh:

• SRC Member
Beautiful. Expecting next brood 3 weeks time. Expecting mine in 2 weeks. What the reasons behind for a bare tank. How many SHs and size of your tank? What the perforated partition for? Do you own a refigum? Amphipod is the answer after 2 months....

ampipods should'tn be a problem.... they growing like mad! same as pods :evil: bro chris... what's ur experinece with raising fries in GREEN water and CLEAR water? which one u think better? :huh:

• SRC Member

To Jonathan543,

4 feet refugium common to 3 feet tk + 4 feet + 2 1/2 feet tank combined. Dose only Calcium and Magnesium + replace 20 to 40 litres of natural sea water weekly. 2 chillers - 1 running full load other on-off control. 5000 litres of flow thru. If inclusive of fry tanks. Total volume should be 1000 litres.

• 4 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Nice tigertails... aka H.comes.... but abit skinny wor..... the stomach area sunken in liao, better provide more copepods or best wean her to frozens(only after she is fatten up) ;)

bought a pair of tigertails around 3inches long and another pair of seahorse which i couldn't tell which species... or even if they're a pair or not :unsure:

okies... both are totally black in colour... no hint of yellow or even grey on any parts of their body... and the female had lots of looks like roots growing out her tips all over her body, even though she's about 1/4 bigger in size than the tigertails, she had a broader chest & a even broader snout. the male was identical except he's about 1/3 bigger & does not have roots growing out from his tips... sorrie din owned a digicam... so no pics :)

would someone pls advice me? and they're feeding very well on freshwater shrimps as they have a really big snout... the tigertails still not showing interest in frozen mysis & they do get distracted by the sight of fws but they still dun go after it like my alligator pipes & the other pair of sh.... sian1/2

• SRC Member

Shld be H.kuda.... where u got the pair? i want! can pm me? :P tigertail more stubborn! somethimes impossible to train at all, u might find luck with the Kuda. :)