Is Tetra nitrate testkit reliable?

spicyball

• SRC Member
The raw value u get from the chart is a measure of the NO3 ions. So dividing it by 4.4 will give the nitrate value in mg/l...hope that helps :)

Hope this answer helps you. Actually its not mentioned in the instruction sheet. Mentioned in the box. It would have been easier if they have mentioned in the instruction sheet. Missed this info for few tests and worried my nitrate level so high

but if i m using 20ml of my tank water and the color resulting color has oredi overshot the color bar, it's written on the instruction sheet to add 15ml of ur tank water and then 5ml of distilled water. my question is where to get the other 5 ml of pure water??? mineral water can???? or tap water???

Austin the Westie: "I may be your best friend, but you are my everything".

Lightning Strike's Back!!!

Reefkeeping Is Not My Hobby, It's My Obsession.

Austin's Birthday

.png

but if i m using 20ml of my tank water and the color resulting color has oredi overshot the color bar, it's written on the instruction sheet to add 15ml of ur tank water and then 5ml of distilled water. my question is where to get the other 5 ml of pure water??? mineral water can???? or tap water???

u talking about tetra nitrate test kit rite ??? i remember my tetra nitrate test kit onli needs 5ml water ..... not so complicated leh... :huh:

but if the solution color turns deep red, it's still not that good isn't it? the maximum reading is 100mg/l on the chart where the solution is deep red, how do i tell if my reading exceeds 100mg/l? does the solution colour goes even deeper in red?

"Less technology, more biology" --- John Tullock